Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 AM

Default Questions for Avid Artist Series Experts

I have an artist control, mix and transport - which I love.

I have been digging deeper and have some questions that I have not been able to find the answers to:

Is there any way to use the jog wheel on either control or transport to scroll though items in an “open” or “import” window? I have an import video, audio and session data button on one of my touch screen windows and would love to be able to navigate through my files with the surfaces.

Is there a way to assign a touch screen button to Launch Pro Tools from finder? or even run Apple’s Automator?

Is there a way to assign a touch screen button to open frequently used audio suite plug-ins while in pro tools?

I know this may be an iZotope issue, but I would love to be able to control RX with my surfaces. Any advise on this?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Questions for Avid Artist Series Experts

By holding CTRL and selecting an insert in Pro Tools, you can add a plug-in to a "quick" list that displays at the top when you create an insert.

By doing this, you can then use the normal controls to create an insert, and your favorites will show at the top. Does this help?
Old 10-31-2014, 01:03 PM

I use the Favorite plug-ins quite a bit for my inserts, I was just looking for a way to open my favorite audio-suite plug-ins with the click of a soft key or touch screen.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 07:06 AM

I have a passable workaround on the Audio Suite front. I created a window configuration with the a favorite Audio Suite plug in open and created a memory location to only open the window configuration, which I assigned to a soft key. Repeated for a couple others. Not the most elegant option, but it works.