Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-26-2002, 10:47 AM

Default What\'s the deal with installing ProTools LE in Windows XP?

Hey fellow musicians and studio (ab)users..
Is it possible to install ProTools LE in windows XP? If so, please tell me HOW?
I'd be kinda grateful...No not THAT grateful..PERVERT..Sorry, I've got voices u know what I mean..hehe;-) Little schizo..
Pleazz answer [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: What\'s the deal with installing ProTools LE in Windows XP?

You're going to have to go ahead and wait for the next PTLE release to do that...mmm-K?.

This conference has a nice "Search" feature (see above). There's a wealth of PTLE, other hardware/software and general recording info available. Digi also has a Knowledge Base for Pro Tools specific issues on their Home site. (You might want to pass that info along to your other selves as well).

Welcome to the DUC.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:18 AM

Yeah, well thanx!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Me and my other selves are quite happy with yer reply to my quest(ion). But we still haven't got an answer.. How am I able to even install whatever..It's like this..we just want to run ProTools in Windows XP. So we need PTLE you say. That sounds to us like some kind of a standard? After searching an' reading all kinds of stuff with the search option it hasn't brought us a step closer. But we're glad we're welcome.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 11:27 AM

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

i am not even sure I should reply....you can't install in xp. there is no backdoor...it can't be done and if you try you make lock up your os. The digi001 will not work in xp don't load the drivers.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:31 AM

Let me see if I can make it a little bit clearer for you (although I understood the original response myself, it was probably because I was possessed of one of my more logical selves at the time [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

The Digi 001 uses a program called Pro Tools LE. This software currently only works (on the Windows PC's) with two operating systems: Windows 98 SE and Windows ME. It currently does NOT work with Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

Having said that, Windows XP support is on the way (it is currently in beta testing) but it is NOT available yet. If you try to use Pro Tools with Windows XP right NOW, it will NOT work. That's what B.Ray was trying to tell you - you have to wait a bit longer if you want to use Windows XP until the XP compatable version of Pro Tools LE ("PTLE") is ready and gets released.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:55 AM

(Sigh, Big BIG BIG sigh....)
Well people you have informed us quite nicely, and we are happy to say that this newsroom actually works great. My other selves however are very dissappointed though, even more than my present self is...
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] But I kinda share the opinion of a lot of other users, and that is something that looks like F**K!! And we don't wanna offend anyone.. You see I already work with Logic Audio Platinum and this works fine.. I can't see how one of the finest music-programmers Digidesign that is ..haven't found a solution yet to overcome all the obstacles. N e way I'd like to say to all you poor bastards like me and my other selves (let me remind you..I'm a schizo)keep up the efforts. Huh? what efforts you say? Eh wha... what? OK..ermm one of my personalities was wondering what kind of efforts..nevermind.
So now Im explaining that Im trying to reach all those people who are running a chill pc like us, well me..whatever..
So people keep up tha good work, and let me know when yer ready with establishing things and whatever it is that you are doing. Aight?? May your path be straightened... (I don't know what I'm talking 'bout..it's kinda hard being schizo..) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 12:15 AM

Hey thanks for bailing me out Phil. You said that like a Certified Pro Tools Sales Representive. You obviously have excellent customer relations skills.