Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2019, 04:29 PM

Default [Intermediate] Vocals are TOO Clear/Clean

I've been struggling recently to mix vocals considering I mix in a way which results in my vocals being extremely clear over the beat, but this immediately is drawn back to the fact that it ends up being a little too separate from the mix. My compression also seems to have issues considering that when a vocal hook or other high energy lyric comes in, it doesn't hit hard enough, and I think this may be related to my fast attack on my compressors...
Any tips and tricks?
I'd greatly appreciate the help especially if you have run into this issue.