Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Default Going out of the box with the 11R

I just received a new Weber Mass Lite off of eBay today to use with my Fryette Memphis. It was fairly late in the evening when I got home, so I was testing out the Mass at some pretty low volumes with the Memphis; it wasn't terribly great, but I don't have any illusions about attenuators at low volumes.

So then this fun idea comes into my head since my 11R is sitting on an adjacent cab. I take the Mass, unhook the speaker out going to the Memphis's stock speaker (even at zero dB there is still a little signal going to the speakers), and plug a 1/4" cable from the Line Out on the Mass into the Line In on the 11R. I dialed in a patch using the Line Input with just a cab sim turned on. I then plugged my Sennheiser HD280s into the headphone out and proceeded to jam.

Is anyone else using their 11R as a bedtime cab simulator with a dummy load? The tones were surprisingly good, especially with the clean channel cranked (it had an awesome AC30/18watter vibe going on). I can do a short recording if anyone is interested in the results. The tone compared to the amp sims on the 11R was a little bit more "raw" and less "refined", if that makes any sense.