Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Default getting sound from mic but not recording!

I've recorded 3 tracks of a song already using the MBOX2 with pro tools. I'm trying to record the 4th track but nothing is happening. I hear the sound from the monitors but the wavelength that is displayed is just a 1/2" bar going straight through the track and the output level jumps to where the fader is set and doesnt move. I've tried evrything I know but that's obviously not enough. help me out!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: getting sound from mic but not recording!

I don't know if it is the same problm I have experienced, but here goes. If the level on the fader is in the "high yellow" range and nothing you do can make it move, it sounds like something that happens on my system now and then. I've posted several times with no satisfactory explanation or answer. What works is to try the following in order:

1. Save your session and quit PT. Unplug the Mbox USB cable. Reconnect, restart PT, try again.
2. If that does not work, restart your system.

I know this kind of "solution" is par for the course for Windows users, but I am a mac and unix user and am outraged when apps DON'T function flawlessly for weeks on end. Good luck.

Digi: Could this be a firmware issue?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: getting sound from mic but not recording!

Yep, same problem here. Often in happens 15-20 min into using PT. THe only way to remedy it is to unplug the USB cable and restart the PT. I also get this white noise as the meter goes steady yellow.

I think there is topic about the white noise and similar if nor the same problem in this forum, check it out. More likely the problem is with usb driver.