Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2014, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation bug in PT11 with AOS plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post

I'm just having to feel my way around and nudge things back or by eye to picture. SO So frustrating and making me second guess everything I'm hearing. I can't remember ever having such a hard time with a software program.

Really shame on AVID. Really.
That's why we have to go back to PT 10.3.8 on all our systems. Very frustrating. We have to downgrade every machine to OS X 10.8.5 and have to install tons of software again. Many, many hours of work. AGAIN.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 PM

I work for a production studio. We've installed out first Nuendo system this week if testing works out ver the next 4 weeks we are moving all our systems away from Avid - this bug along with few other issues (like insane upgrade prices) are the straw that have broken the camels back. I have to change over 11 more systems the money for selling all of out old rigs is more than enough to cover the conversions costs.
After being a customer of Digidesign since 1988 it's time to move on...
Old 05-23-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Nope...just commenting on the irony...
Thanks, I was half asleep after a very early work day.

Back to the topic at hand...

Last edited by Numi; 05-23-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 PM

After this I'm seriously considering Cubase or Logic.

The reality of this bug is hitting me HARD. This trailer I have going is very demanding and the reality of the mess I find myself in is heartbreaking since the workarounds don't work when bouncing audio. Sitting here completely deflated trying too figure out how to get more CPU headroom. Track F%@#ing freeze would be great right about now.

I have my entire drum and hit buss just deciding to not play now sometimes as well.

Meanwhile AVID is going around working on Avid Everywhere for their stock price. Who gives a S%@# about Avid Everywhere when you can't use the software to do modern work. Maybe if I was just some singer song writer this broken software would be great for me. Here can you add a couple guitar tracks from Germany??!! F@$#ing great.

Why couldn't I just have started on Cubase 14 years ago.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
I work for a production studio. We've installed out first Nuendo system this week if testing works out ver the next 4 weeks we are moving all our systems away from Avid - this bug along with few other issues (like insane upgrade prices) are the straw that have broken the camels back. I have to change over 11 more systems the money for selling all of out old rigs is more than enough to cover the conversions costs.
After being a customer of Digidesign since 1988 it's time to move on...
I agree. I am moving on.

Too many bugs. Too expensive to upgrade ( although I have been doing that for 12 years).

Vanilla version should not be crippled.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intransit View Post
After this I'm seriously considering Cubase or Logic.
Not sure if this is in bad taste, but this is my other go-to DAW: http://www.cockos.com/reaper/index.php

Works great, similar to Cubase(which I have used since the early days) and is very cpu friendly. Check it out.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:25 PM

This issue is also on IdeaScale (so please Vote or Follow as needed):
PT11 ADC Error with AOS Plug-ins

I cannot wrap my head around this concept. Why not just fix these bugs and get on with it? I should register and then vote to fix something that should be fixed?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwrecker View Post
This issue is also on IdeaScale (so please Vote or Follow as needed):

I cannot wrap my head around this concept. Why not just fix these bugs and get on with it? I should register and then vote to fix something that should be fixed?
Yes, it's asinine.

But, please vote or the powers that be who came up with the system will think it's not important enough to fix because there aren't enough votes.

All the people in this thread who say they desperately want it fixed and yet there are only 41 votes at the time of my posting.

Everyone, please take the time to vote and let's get the Ranking of this issue to number 1.

Please Vote Here:
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.

Last edited by Ghost In The Attic; 05-26-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:12 AM

Yes, everyone, please vote ... though I agree with other comments ...

Ideascale should be about ranking IDEAS, not for bug fixes. It's such a fundamental bug that I'm struggling to understand how Avid can leave it to such a voting system to determine its priority.

On the basis that not many people have voted, Avid might be inclined to believe

... not many people are affected,

... so MIDI and VI are not a priority for our customers,

... so let's just leave it as it is,

... and eventually we can remove all that functionality, which is just a PITA to maintain for such a small percentage of our customers, because the few people who did need/use it will have moved on to more appropriate software.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-26-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Yes, everyone, please vote ... though I agree with other comments ...

Ideascale should be about ranking IDEAS, not for bug fixes. It's such a fundamental bug that I'm struggling to understand how Avid can leave it to such a voting system to determine its priority.

On the basis that not many people have voted, Avid might be inclined to believe

... not many people are affected,

... so MIDI and VI are not a priority for our customers,

... so let's just leave it as it is,

... and eventually we can remove all that functionality, which is just a PITA to maintain for such a small percentage of our customers, because the few people who did need/use it will have moved on to more appropriate software.
Exactly.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.