Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Low Latency Monitoring busses and auto input problems

Hi DUC folks, I am using a 002R with a G4 powerbook, running OSX10.4.11 and protools 7.4cs7.

I have a problem where an aux send on an audio track sometimes works with Low Latency Monitoring turned on. This is nice because I like to use aux sends with the LLM turned on but a real pain because the aux sends randomly stop working. I have seen this problem since protools 6.9 and am surprised to find it still cropping up, I have followed the general troubleshooting threads.

The problem occurs when I am recording from ADAT inputs. I have a track record enabled from ADAT1, assigned to the main ouputs 1+2 and aux sends 1+2 sending to buss1+2. I have LLM on so aux 1+2 are disabled and show mutes. I now setup a new aux input track from ADAT1 feeding buss 1+2. I turn down the fader or mute this track and the original audio track now feeds the aux sends just fine, even though it still shows it is muted because the LLM is on. This is the nice part of the problem, I can use LLM with aux sends, great!

The bad part of the problem is that when I make changes to the aux's or audio tracks, it re-mutes the aux as it is supposed to. I then have to turn up the aux track I had created to send to the buss1+2. If I reassign the aux input track again, the aux on the audio track being recorded works again(still in LLM) but now my send to buss1+2 is twice as loud.(because the aux send on the audio track is active and the aux input track I created is on)

The other problem I have is if I have a record enabled track it will not play back audio recorded on that track unless I toggle the LLM off and then back on or take the channel out of record. It will then work OK as long as I do not change any aux input track/buss assignments.

I have repaired permissions, deleted databases, etc.

Does anyone else come across this? It makes tracking on a 002R a huge pain for me.

thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Low Latency Monitoring busses and auto input problems

anyone come across this?
any other workarounds for monitoring reverb while tracking in LE?
thanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Well, if Aux's do in fact work under Low Latency Mode, or at least a bug allows them to, then its not a technical problem which prevents using auxes under LLM, but a decision on Digi's part. I would love to be able to use LLM with Aux's creating a monitor mix so I don't have to listen to the click track in the control room.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Avid

Aux tracks should not work when using LLM - you most likely have discovered a bug in that respect.

If you want to use your Aux tracks while recording, disable LLM and reduce your HW buffer size as low as possible.