Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Default Re: How to add more inserts into a track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissure View Post
I love how someone asks for more inserts because he or she personally feels the need for more.

There is no right and wrong in mastering (or making music in general) and it is down to the person mastering as to what works for them.

But cue the "professionals" to shut them and tell them their doing something wrong, even though they weren't asking for mastering lessons.

If you think you can master a track with just eq & a smidge of compression well good for you but I reckon your blowing out your backside.

If you want to help, help if not quiet, besides instead of posting 1000's of comments on forums shouldn't you be busy "mastering" all those big jobs you get????.....hmmmm

He could chain his aux busses together. He could have god knows how many inserts then.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
And your reason for posting this is?

Visit a professional mastering studio, you know, the guys who actually know what they are doing...many of them will not even have 10 pieces of equipment that could be patched in.

Tracking, mixing, and mastering are three separate processes, and each requires specialized skills and specialized equipment.

Given that you just joined this month and that you appear to have zero to contribute here, consider yourself "reported", and probably gone.

But cheer up, Fruity Loops is probably having a sale...

1 He was asking about advice on inserts not mastering.

2 Yep and so is cooking but most people can't afford to eat every meal at resturants where food is prepared by professionals so they cook at home it doesn't make them bad people.

3 To busy working, besides I wouldn't have thought that I had to reach a quoter before sticking up for someones question.

4 hahaha unfortunately a lot of huge hits were made on FL

Anyway sorry if my post was seen as impolite but I am all about NOT making new people feel intimidated by making music or asking questions regarding processes.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissure View Post
1 He was asking about advice on inserts not mastering.

2 Yep and so is cooking but most people can't afford to eat every meal at resturants where food is prepared by professionals so they cook at home it doesn't make them bad people.

3 To busy working, besides I wouldn't have thought that I had to reach a quoter before sticking up for someones question.

4 hahaha unfortunately a lot of huge hits were made on FL

Anyway sorry if my post was seen as impolite but I am all about NOT making new people feel intimidated by making music or asking questions regarding processes.
The product is named "Pro Tools"...from this, one might deduce that it is a product intended to be used by professionals, or those who work like professionals...that is, anyone with an IQ exceeding that of a brick would deduce that...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 12-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
The product is named "Pro Tools"...from this, one might deduce that it is a product intended to be used by professionals, or those who work like professionals...that is, anyone with an IQ exceeding that of a brick would deduce that...
All I can say is WOW!
Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM

Lol...the comments are funny. I think, the reason why people need more than 10 inserts is because they're trying to do to a sound with a stack of stock plugins as they do with a 3rd party plugin. For instance, a channel strip, like OmniChannel. If you were to use every stage of that plugin, you would use 6 slots of stock plugins...let's not argue about what plugins, even if you don't count the limiting, you're still using A-E. Now, for you and I, that's more than enough for a live sound recording or a single instrument, but for a lot of the guys that ask, it's probably a question from a sound design perspective.

Personally, I don't use Pro Tools for sound design because the workflow is faster and more creative using Abelton Live with both Arrangement and Clip Mode. I find myself using up to 10-15 plugins in series for just one instance of Analog, FM8, or Massive. I am NOT promoting Ableton Live! It's NOT the only best DAW for sound design...there are others.

My suggestion to you guys asking about more than 10 slots is to use a different DAW, not PT. PT has its place while sound design optimized DAWs have another.

I am actually trying to answer this from an objective point of view but I had to give my 2 cents as a segue to the conclusion.

Most people here are not mixing garbage. So, they never need more than a few inserts. I can confirm this.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:29 PM

Well you do know this is a 5-6 year old thread and since then no one has asked for more inserts in PT

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-05-2019, 11:53 PM

I’m still waiting for Uber-Eats on AUX sends.... just the one will do
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 08-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I’m still waiting for Uber-Eats on AUX sends.... just the one will do

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave