How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM

Default Cannot control RME Totalmix FX with latest Mc Mix driver/firmware 2.6.2

Any help on this?
I tried all the things that were given as help on the RME forum. They say it's a Eucon protocol problem and Avid apparently knows about that.
What can I do? The questions in this forum on this problem don't seem to be answered. The whole thing is running on an iMac with the latest Snow Leopard system. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Andreas

Last edited by krone200; 01-26-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: too little info
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Cannot control RME Totalmix FX with latest Mc Mix driver/firmware 2.6.2

I am in the same boat, on Mac. I can control several other apps with Eucon, and I can control RME TotalMix with other Mackie Control units, but i can't use my MC Mix and MC Control with TotalMix. My theory is that it has to do with the way the Application ID's are set in TotalMix's .app directory and matched by Eucon, but it's just a hunch. I did call support about it months ago and was so frustrated by it that I'm reluctant to even call back...

Dave
Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Cannot control RME Totalmix FX with latest Mc Mix driver/firmware 2.6.2

I also cannot control TotalMix with EuCon 2.6.2. Moreover, I noticed that my setting changes for the EuCon preference pane (in Mac OS X's System Preferences) won't stay changed. If I change the protocol for TotalMix, for example, from HUI to Mackie Control and restart, it will still be HUI when I check the preferences again.

It would be so nice to have this working again.