Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Red face my new interface not working - help me

Happy New Year 2010 guys

I am a newbie and new here from (Chennai) India

My simple set up is Yamaha psr 413, a casio ctk series, daw- reaper , audiacity, recently protocols, m audio fast track , a set of multimedia speakrs, shure c 606 mic, pc windows xp 32 bit. Me and myself

Yesterday I bought the m audio interface fast track (at my place Chennai, India)

I downloaded the exe drive from their website and installed the drive in my pc successfully

Then by their instructions I connected the interface to pc by USB and I connected my shure mic to interface through xlr port

1 I can see the on light in the interface
2. the mic is on
3 in the fast track the direct monitoring is off
4 if the mic is hit by pen I can see the clipping light blinking

I launched the reaper, opened new project and launched a track for recording, I palyed my keyboard by placing the mic above the cone of the speakrs

No input in the tracks while recording, no waves , not a single dot in the tracks

i adjusted and altered the preference setting of the daw nothing works

I am very much disappointed and confused!!

During shutdown and switch on of my pc the windows default music also not heard.

I removed the fast track and mic and inserted my previous chat mic directly to the pc - now the reaper pickups sound fine

What is the problem with interface and myshure mic?

Kindly advice me what I have to do to rectify the problem and have the full audio input.

Most awaiting
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Default Re: my new interface not working - help me

dear guys,

my interface m audio fast track comes with pro tools

kindlly inform me will the interface work with protools only or with all daw's

help me

awaiting
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Red face Re: my new interface not working - help me

Dear guys

I bought a m audio interface which comes with pro tools cd

I installed the protocols drive in to my pc

I finished the installation and opened the Pro tools icon in the desk top
The following dialog box appears

Warning

Loss of plugin authorization keys may occur

This system contains one or more drives formatted with NTFS which have volume names longer than 11 characteristics this combination is known to corrupt some inter lock plug in authorizations if you know which drives are authorized then you may continue in order to remedy this issue before corruption can occur click yes to quit pro tools and rename NTFS volumns to names that are 11 characteristics r less , next relaunch..

Quit pro tools?

Yes no

Guys , Already I am working with reaper and audacity. I downloaded some 100 plugins from net and installed the dll file in to the plugin rack of the reaper

Mine is a simple bench set up pls see my signature.

My new interface is also not pickuping the audio? (Mentioned above)
Now pro tools is also not getting started!

I d not know what is NTFS and how to correct it?

Kindly help me to work with my new interface and pro tools

Awaiting
Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Avid

Default Re: my new interface not working - help me

The Fast Track USB interface can be used with almost any application. If you are seeing the green signal light on the Fast Track respond and no audio is appearing in the progrma, it sounds like the program isn't configured propelry for use with the Fast Track. Make sure you select the M-Audio USB ASIO driver. Input 1 is the mic input, and input 2 is the 1/4" guitar/line input.