Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard

I use the same keyboard with PT 9.0.3 LE, granted, on mydesktop system, running W9 Proa and have no problems at all. It will control all my VI's, and also works as a transport (granted, the faders dont work) You need to make sure your using program number 15 on the Axiom. But, even without program 15 setup, mine still functions as a controller for all the VI's
Old 11-22-2011, 12:43 AM

I am unable to use my M-Audio unit as a controller via USB, but it does work when I connect it with a pair of midi cables through the midi in and out ports in my hardware.

Bill
Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 PM

Is this the "MIDI issue" I keep hearing about. I've really had no luck getting Komplete to work with my new rig. It's not been a priority to figure out the issue since I'm not doing any MIDI work on my current project - but now I'm wondering if it's just been a bug all along.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Talking Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard

Hi all I have found a solution to my Axiom 25 2nd gen not working with my pro tools MP9. I also have a M- Audio Fast Track as well and what i did was i plugged my axiom 25 straight into my M-Audio fast track with a TRS cable or a 1/4 inch cable the ports i used for this was the EXPR port at the back of the axiom and the guitar port at the front of the Fast Track. I also still have the USB cable still plugged in straight to my computer. The Axiom works perfectly fine now and does what it is supposed to do now. I hope this helps those of you who are still having trouble with this issue.

My computer specs are:
Acer Aspire 4739Z-4462 Laptop
Intel Pentium P6200
6GB DDR3 Memory
Intel HD graphics
500 GB HDD
Windows 7 64 bit OS
Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM

I found this thread after searching the DUC. I am also new to PT (10.3.3) and have been experiencing this exact problem using my USB Midi connected M-Audio Keyrig 49.

I can usually get it working most of the time, however it is a PITA. I think I'll just upgrade to a new keyboard with a standard Midi connection and give it a go.

Question, I'm using an Instrument Track and when the USB midi connection does work, I find it works on all VI's even when "no input" is selected on the Track input. When clicking on the input drop-down my Keyrig 49 is not listed. The listed options are; Interface, Bus & Plug-ins.

The Keyrig 49 does show-up ( and checked) under; Setup/Midi/Input Devices.

I tried to configure it under Setup/Peripherals however, it still does not show in the "Input" of an Instrument Track.

It does work with "no input" selected, but, I'm just trying to understand the right way of doing this.

Thanks!

Jay
Seagate 500G Sata 600 OS Drive, Seagate 1 TB Sata 600 Audio Drive, 8 gigs of ram, 700 watt Coolermaster Silent Pro power supply. Apollo Quad Interface, Burl B2 ADC, Dangerous D-Box, UAD 2 Duo, Avalon 737, UA 610 MK II, UA 1176 LN Hardware, Focal CMS 65 monitors, and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalaylee View Post
Hi all I have found a solution to my Axiom 25 2nd gen not working with my pro tools MP9. I also have a M- Audio Fast Track as well and what i did was i plugged my axiom 25 straight into my M-Audio fast track with a TRS cable or a 1/4 inch cable the ports i used for this was the EXPR port at the back of the axiom and the guitar port at the front of the Fast Track. I also still have the USB cable still plugged in straight to my computer. The Axiom works perfectly fine now and does what it is supposed to do now. I hope this helps those of you who are still having trouble with this issue.

My computer specs are:
Acer Aspire 4739Z-4462 Laptop
Intel Pentium P6200
6GB DDR3 Memory
Intel HD graphics
500 GB HDD
Windows 7 64 bit OS
Sorry, but something is way wrong here...

The EXPR jack on your keyboard is for connecting an expression pedal, and should not be carrying any audio, expecially in the case of the Axiom, which doesn't carry any audio, either.

The Guitar port on the Fast Track is (obviously) where you would plug in a guitar.

The USB cables from both the Axiom and the Fast Track should be plugged directly into your computer. If you cannot plug them both directly into the computer, make sure you use a powered hub to connect them to the computer.

There is no need to connect the Axiom and the Fast Track together with any cable. And the way you currently have them connected creates the possibility of damaging one or both of your devices.

Be as creative as you want to with your music, but setting up your recording gear has to be done totally by the book. If you set it up by the book and it doesn't work, that means something is broken. It could be a bad USB cable or a driver issue, or it could be one of your "larger" pieces of equipment.

The Internet is full of diagnostic test instructions, so is this forum. Follow these instructions and you can usually resolve the problem. But just randomly plugging and unplugging cables when you don't know what you're doing could damage your equipment...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM

Lightbulb Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
[COLOR=red]The USB cables from both the Axiom and the Fast Track should be plugged directly into your computer..

Yes less hassle to use USB and it works better imho........on my Axpro i didn't even have to install software it just works.......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:44 AM

So its now September 2015 and I'm having this exact same issue.

It doesn't look like there is any solution...

I've spent hours trawling Internet forums and every single one fizzles out like this one.

How is this not a bigger issue? I just spent $1200 Australian dollars on Pro Tools 12 and a Korg Microkey37 and I'm just meant to accept that it doesn't work and move on?
Old 11-28-2015, 03:00 AM

Have the exact same problem, using PT12 and axiom 61. Would love to find a fix.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:40 PM

End of January 2016 and still no fix? This is unacceptable.