Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools 6.7cs8 Update

Pro Tools 6.7cs8 Updates for Pro Tools|HD & Pro Tools LE Mac and Windows systems are now available for download:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/67cs8

Linked from the Index of Pro Tools CS Downloads, at the top of Support/Downloads:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs

What's Fixed in Pro Tools 6.7cs8?

These Pro Tools 6.7cs8 updates includes all previous 6.7 CS fixes in addition to the following new fixes:

Pro Tools TDM 6.7cs8 for Mac OS X:

Fixed: The OS X Keyboard Shortcuts feature would not work with Pro Tools 6.7cs7 (Item #58505)
  • This problem was introduced with the European keyboard shortcut fix in Pro Tools 6.7cs7 (Item #58207)
Fixed: Intermittent black or still frame problems with QuickTime movie playback (Item #57076)
  • This problem occurred specifically when using the Aurora Igniter X Lite and some Radeon display cards, but could also occur with other configurations.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 6.7cs8 Update

Hi,

thanks for fixing the shortcuts thing so quickly. One question - which mixer should be in the plug-in folder? I am maybe a bit too overorganized and keep all plug-ins in folders. So I installed twice to get the mixers on the top level but still have the cs4.
I now have stereo mixer cs4 and surround mixer cs8. Is the stereo mixer cs4 the latest available?

best from germany

Hanz Marathon
Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Avid

Hi,

Yes, the latest version of the stereo mixer is CS4.

regards,
Digidesign Technical Support
Old 02-02-2005, 06:53 PM

anyone else having trouble downloading this update? it might just be me.

Thanks...
Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Somehow a "speed download" program plugin made it into my web browser. I couldn't download a thing.

Working now.

Nevermind.

javascript:void(0)
Old 02-03-2005, 12:09 AM

What is wrong with you guys, same old problems with the new cs8 update like we had before (shortcut: consolidate selection doesn't work, instead the midioperation comes up).
Could anyone of you explain why you have changed things the have been worked good so far.
Come up with some useful new features PT need instead changing working things.
For example, start writing PT in Mac native code so RTAS Instruments really start work fine.
This is not a acceptable and lead people direktly in the hands of your competidors.

I'm really pissed of. You should know it better,that your customers are people the have to rely every
day on the expensive stuff they have purchased and we have no time for experiments.
think about it
John
Old 02-03-2005, 01:22 AM

The Consolidate Selection shortcut DOES work.

The reason that you think it doesn't is that you are using the wrong 3. You should be using the one on the keyboard and not the keypad. This works and always has done.

For a while shift-option-keypad 3 also worked, but that was an anomaly. The fact that it now brings up the MIDI Operations window (as does option-keypad 3) is also an anomaly but one that shouldn't bother you if you were using the correct key command in the first place.

The numbers on the keyboard and the numbers on the keypad are discrete and have totally separate functions. in fact if you loook in the Pro Tools menus then you will see that keypad numbers are differentiated by the fact that they have a circle around them.

Think about it...
Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 AM

Well I belive you, but I'm using this shortcut now since almost 7 years and all of the sudden
you are going to explain me I've done wrong the whole time.
It seems to me you know a lot about the key shortcuts.
I havn't understood what Digidesign ment with the sentence: Rather than changing a keyboard command’s physical location to match the appropriate keyboard language setting, numerous key commands and menus used different characters instead.
Would you be so nice and explain it to me more specific. Does it mean that the shortcuts including a letter match now exactly on each foreign keyboard like described in the Pro Tools menue? You just need to select your country and thats it? Or do we need to install some templates for each language supplied by Digidesign?
your input is highly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:36 AM

I'm no expert on foreign language keyboards; what language are you using anyway?

What I do know is that there are no templates, the Mac OS deals with any necessary changes for the language that you have chosen.

As far as I am aware, the shortcuts that involve Command-Letter just follow the letters as they move around so that Command-Z on a German keyboard is on the top row, not the bottom row. However, the one-touch focus keys remain in the same place.

To be honest, if you're using Pro Tools seriously it's really much easier if you use an English keyboard: you obviously speak English so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:27 AM

Well,Im using the Digidesign color keyboard the whole time when I'm working with Pro Tools. I have to switch the country settings to german when I'm going to write letters ect. But as I said, I'm always using the US setting and using the Digi color keyboard, therefore I do not understand why Digi had changed things they have been worked out good since many years. Especially the consolidate funktion is one of the major shortcuts I'm using every minute. Well I guess I have two options in this case. 1. I'm going to change my daily routine and going used to the new key combination or 2. stay with the cs6 update...
thanks anyway my friend