Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-13-2018, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2018.1 low latency monitoring issues

Hi,
I installed PT 2018.7 and I tried the new Low Latency Monitor, but for me it's like nothing changed from previous version.
The input monitoring is turned off only for output 1-2. If I set any other output, the signal is back and I can't turn it off.
I set LLM on, set the output 3-4 for the track I want to record, I rec-arm the track and the signal is in the output from pro tools.
I change the output from 3-4 to 1-2 and the signal turns off correctly.
Am I missing something? Anyone has the same issue?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
ok, here is what i found .. i use my Lynx Mixer like you use Apollo Console ..

1) LLM disabled i hear the Doubling
2) LLM enabled i hear no Doubling, just my direct monitoring
3) LLM enabled, hit playback and i hear the track playing back then hit record, and i can then go in and out of record and punch in - hearing what is playing in Pre-Roll, then hear the Punch - my direct monitoring only, then hear the Post-Roll after recording ( i have pre and post on 1 bar) ...

4) LLM enabled, if i hit Alt-K to turn on Input Monitoring i hear Doubling, then turn that off and LLM is still enabled and the Doubling goes away

still not sure what i am doing wrong or what LLM is dpoing wrong .. this all seems correct to me ..

what recording Mode are you guys working in ?? Normal, Quickpunch, etc ?? maybe this is where the difference is ..

happy to be doing something wrong !!! just not sure what it is yet ...
John with LLM do you adjust the samples in the playback engine/.I am using the Lynx aes16e interface
Old 08-15-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
John with LLM do you adjust the samples in the playback engine/.I am using the Lynx aes16e interface
the Buffer Settings are suppose to apply to monitoring but i am still not sure how they apply to LLM .. i would have to try it and see as usng LLM do we even need to play with thewse settings ?? 128 or 256 is where i live most of the time ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-01-2018, 05:50 PM

I am having the same problem... Never had this issue before. If I print tracks and then stop and need to punch in there is a delay when recording begins, even if I use pre-roll. Happens every time. I may as well throw protools in the trash if I can't punch in. Right now I have to go back and start printing from the beginning or I'll have a very obvious glitch at the pickup point. Thinking maybe this is related to delay compensation... but I have used delay compensation on my TDM and HDX systems since it was introduced and never had this issue until maybe 2018.6 or 2018.7 -- can't remember exactly when it started.

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 AM

Out of curiosity, what interface are you using and what OS are you running. I went through Avid support (I even sent them a video of the issue) and they claim it is a problem caused by my interface (UA Apollo). I also went through UA and they say it is a bug in Pro Tools. I agree that it is a bug in the software. I'm dealing with it by toggling Quick Punch on and off every time I arm a new track from recording.

I was very upset by how Avid handled my request for support. I understand that bugs occur, but Avid wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a problem on their end. I find this ridiculous as I've never had this issue before and the only change in my setup/work flow was updating PT.

Very frustrating.....
Old 11-14-2018, 12:20 PM

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? This is an absolute nightmare.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfrink1971 View Post
Out of curiosity, what interface are you using and what OS are you running. I went through Avid support (I even sent them a video of the issue) and they claim it is a problem caused by my interface (UA Apollo). I also went through UA and they say it is a bug in Pro Tools. I agree that it is a bug in the software. I'm dealing with it by toggling Quick Punch on and off every time I arm a new track from recording.

I was very upset by how Avid handled my request for support. I understand that bugs occur, but Avid wouldn't even acknowledge that there was a problem on their end. I find this ridiculous as I've never had this issue before and the only change in my setup/work flow was updating PT.

Very frustrating.....
I am on 10.12.6 running ProTools Ultimate 2018.10
I have read some issues with the Apollo as well, even happening with Logic but I am using two HDIO's on an HDX2 system, all Avid.

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 11-15-2018, 07:02 AM

The only way I've been able to resolve the issue is to:

1. Set the record mode to Destructive
2. Arm any track for recording.
3. Record a few seconds in Destructive mode
4. Switch back to my previous record mode, which in my case is Quick Punch.

This hack has been working for me every time. Obviously, ProTools needs to get their act together and fix a known bug.

Hope this works for someone else!
Old 10-16-2019, 04:00 PM

This and other LLM issues still seem to be in 2019.6. Even with all Avid hardware, can't get the damn thing to work.

There are obvious bugs with the 'Persist sends during LLM' functionality. I've been in contact with 'support' for over almost 2 years now, but they seem unable to figure it out.

Only today they promised me that they would escalate the issue and (finally) take a proper look. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by XJENSEN; 10-18-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:19 PM

usIng an antelope Orion32 and a und uad pcie on 2018.1 ultimate, Windows 10

yes this is trouble.

Noticed delay and disabled sends.
immediately went to checking latencies in the antelope software. got IT somehow but I cant getan the sends enabled.
Question1 whaz Do I tell the Talent why He cant habe fx Inside the cans?
Question2 how should i feed aux's from record tracks AT all to send to the cans?

Thus far I listen to the Channel outputs in (punch)recording.

Could offer to Do some testing w a disabled uad card. This should prove its Not an apollo/uad problem thats causing the issue.

pls excuse my autocorrect is Set to another language.

Last edited by danreal; 10-20-2019 at 09:12 PM.