Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Default mp3 option error w/ New iLok software and driver installation for digidesign hardware

For those of you getting this error : "The MP3 option cannot be enabled because: Module initialization failed for MP3.bundle. The MP3 demo period may have expired."

I'm sure you're as frustrated as I was. I don't know why this happens but I've found the workaround.

Why did this error happen? My MP3 option in PT 10 was working fine until I installed a driver for my secondary interface, Mbox 2 micro. Upon installing the driver for the micro (or any other digidesign hardware I believe) they install a "new" driver for the Pace iLok. As you may know, PACE just released new ilok software (newer software than what comes packaged with the digidesign driver). Upon installation of the new interface drivers my computer had 2 drivers installed for my ilok: the newest version I downloaded from Pace's website (the iLok license manager) and the one that came with the mbox 2 micro driver. I believe this caused some glitch in PT recognizing the MP3 option on my iLok?

Workaround / Fix : Uninstall all traces of iLok on your computer (both the iLok ones and the one that came with your interface driver). Re-install iLok license manager from PACE and restart your computer.

Good luck. I'm so excited to switch to Digital performer so I don't have to deal with this stuff.

Win 7 x64, PT 10.3.5