Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 AM

Default Re: ERXP - Release Party - Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
I think that all of the audio samples were made with Presets which ship with Firmware 2.0. Scroll around in the Factory Rigs (lower case a1, a2...z3, z4).

If you still can't find the sound you heard at NAMM, I probably have those presets around here somewhere...
Thanks, TC. I just went straight for the amps and cabs, and didn't check out the new presets. I am looking forward to this weekend when I can have some alone time with the 11R...
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
I think that all of the audio samples were made with Presets which ship with Firmware 2.0. Scroll around in the Factory Rigs (lower case a1, a2...z3, z4).

If you still can't find the sound you heard at NAMM, I probably have those presets around here somewhere...
Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 AM

this is off topic, but this vid is funny

http://www.break.com/index/guitar-pl...s-out-fan.html

and this 11 String bass is just crazy

http://www.break.com/index/mario-the...g-guitar2.html

and an extra for good measure

http://www.break.com/index/guilty-dog-2025685

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Okay just realized 4 hours have passed and I've been playing the MS-30 with and without the White Boost... band and forth back and forth for 4 hours straight y'all... Holy mother of meat it's one FAT tone baby. I mean even WITHOUT the White Boost, its a glorious amp on its own - probably one of my favorites now 4 hours later and kick in the White Boost and WOW...

The MS-30 sounds amazing with my neck humbuckers (bridge sounds incredible too) and is really giving me a whole new sonic palette to work with.
Could not agree more on the MS-30. It also sounds great with a Strat when paired with the Bogner 2x12 cab. Last night I spent hours playing this amp, I just could not stop Did not have the time to check out any of the other new models in depth, but I am pretty sure they sound great. I am especially curious about the new DC models. The DC Vintage Crunch is still one of my favourite models.

Today I picked up a Squire Vintage Vibe Jazz Bass, plugged it in and dialed in the Ampeg SVT Bass model. It sounds just GLORIOUS! Ahhhh, no more hassle with programming MIDI bass lines ... . Thank you so much, AVID Guitar Products Team, for adding this wonderful bass amp model (Well, my neighbours will most probably not agree with me ).

Thanks Chris, Chimp & Team for this excellent piece of gear. (I already started saving my money for the ERXP 2 ...)
Old 03-23-2011, 12:54 PM

sorry for hijacking this this thread, but earlier I stated having issues getting PT LE 8.0.5 to load. It gives me this error: This Updater cannot locate a valid Pro Tools installation on your system. Press "OK" to continue.

I have PT LE 8.0.3 currently loaded.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Windows Vista SP2 32bit.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lution View Post
sorry for hijacking this this thread, but earlier I stated having issues getting PT LE 8.0.5 to load. It gives me this error: This Updater cannot locate a valid Pro Tools installation on your system. Press "OK" to continue.

Windows Vista SP2 32bit.
are you sure you downloaded the correct 8.0.5 LE updater for PC, not Mac

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-23-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lution View Post

Windows Vista SP2 32bit.
You may want to try a total Un-install of Pro Tools. The re-install 8.0.1 with your DVD or install with the Full 8.0.3 installer in your Avid account. Re-boot. Launch PT to confirm it works. THEN try to install 8.0.5 again. After you install 8.0.5 you will need to run the ERXP again, not the Firmwear, but the first part, assuming you already have the Firmwear 2.0 installed.

Make sure you RIGHT CLICK every installer and choose Run As Admin, dont just double click. And make sure UAC is OFF and that IE9 is not installed.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Okay. Thanks I'll give these a try.

~edit~ Well, it appears that I downloaded PT "HD" 8.0.5 instead of "LE". Good catch, Benoni. I'm downloading the correct version now.

I only had about 30 minutes to play with ERXP last night. Couldn't wait for tonight to really dig in. But now I have a dinner date suddenly appear for tonight. hmmm. date with Hot Babe? or time with my ERXP? hmmm. I'll play guitar tomorrow night.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: ERXP - Release Party - Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf_T View Post
Could not agree more on the MS-30. It also sounds great with a Strat when paired with the Bogner 2x12 cab. Last night I spent hours playing this amp, I just could not stop Did not have the time to check out any of the other new models in depth, but I am pretty sure they sound great. I am especially curious about the new DC models. The DC Vintage Crunch is still one of my favourite models.

Today I picked up a Squire Vintage Vibe Jazz Bass, plugged it in and dialed in the Ampeg SVT Bass model. It sounds just GLORIOUS! Ahhhh, no more hassle with programming MIDI bass lines ... . Thank you so much, AVID Guitar Products Team, for adding this wonderful bass amp model (Well, my neighbours will most probably not agree with me ).

Thanks Chris, Chimp & Team for this excellent piece of gear. (I already started saving my money for the ERXP 2 ...)
Definitely! The Matchless was the big surprise of the pack for me. I've never played or heard one and assumed from the description that it would be quite nice and handy for some clean stuff but not really "grabbing" in the way that say the plexi is (for me at least) but woah! My first thought was something like: "that sounds so good... I really can't believe the real version would sound any better than this if I was sat here in the room with it!". Just lovely chimey valvey glassiness...sublime :)

Totally absorbed in the 3 Bogners this evening though....man those models sound BADASS!!! :)

I'm so impressed with just the overall sound quality and modelling on these amps (and the rest of the pack in fact). Fantastic work guys!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Love, love, love the ERXP! Never have I done a firmware upgrade where I've gotten so much for so little $.

A couple of small nits...

1.) I could be wrong but in the 11R Pro Tools software there's no place to turn amp vibrato on/off - you have to do this from the front panel of the 11R. Is this true? Seems like it would be an easy software fix.

2.) I haven't found a shred of official ERXP documentation, not when I installed the product and not anywhere on the Avid site. Is this forthcoming? I'd like to, at least, read a detailed info sheet on What's New. Part of the fun is exploring the history of these classic amps and effects and their real life counterparts.