Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Angry Mbox Restarting when computer sleeps

Hi I keep having this problem when my computer goes to the screen saver, when I'm not using it and I move the mouse or whatever to get the computer going again the audio through my Mbox Mini 3g keeps out and there can be a hiss or fuzz through my monitors if I just plug it out and in again it works fine but I'm worried that its either a hardware problem or with the leads either way I can only see it getting worse and I only have it since christmas where it had been still happening I'm wondering if theres anything I could do like update it before I go sending it back to Avid !!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Mbox Restarting when computer sleeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seangleeson1 View Post
Hi I keep having this problem when my computer goes to the screen saver, when I'm not using it and I move the mouse or whatever to get the computer going again the audio through my Mbox Mini 3g keeps out and there can be a hiss or fuzz through my monitors if I just plug it out and in again it works fine but I'm worried that its either a hardware problem or with the leads either way I can only see it getting worse and I only have it since christmas where it had been still happening I'm wondering if theres anything I could do like update it before I go sending it back to Avid !!
You are supposed to disable screen savers and power management features as a part of installing Pro Tools, see the computer optimization steps linked under the "help is help you..." link at the top of this page.

Darryl