Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-24-2017, 10:42 AM

Default How to use a windows output with interface input?

Hello, i'm new to pro tools, i'm using pro tools first! When i set my play engine to my interface i get the mic input right but i cant use my usb headset to listen to it and if i choose windows on play engine i get the access to my phone but cant access my interface mic. Is there a way to use my interface mic as input and my usb headset as output at the same time?
Old 04-24-2017, 01:44 PM

Default Re: How to use a windows output with interface input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepssj View Post
Is there a way to use my interface mic as input and my usb headset as output at the same time?
Not on windows.

best to just use your interface to monitor....even if you have to buy speaker or other headphones. it is better in the long run.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Not on windows.

best to just use your interface to monitor....even if you have to buy speaker or other headphones. it is better in the long run.
I see, do you think is a nice ideia to buy a mac, cause often i see things like this holding me down... i had to format my pc cuz pro tools wasnt finding some drivers and then now this... Maybe buing an mac mini isnt a bad idea
Old 04-24-2017, 07:27 PM

Si, buing mac muy bueno
PT10.3.10HD(Tyan s2932 [8core Shanghai 2.7GHZ] 32GB,Win7 SP1); PT10HD(Tyan s2892 w/10GB, Win7 SP1);PT8HD(Dell 690 quad Xeon 3.0, 8GB, Win7,192 I/O, 96 I/O);MacBook Pro: 11R, Apogee Element 46, Focusrite 8PreX PT HD 11.3.2; Mac Pro 3.47 Hex 32GB, OSX 10.12.6/L10.4.2;L9.1.8, 2.64TB; G5 D2.3 4GB, 10.4.11/L8; 12c MP 2.66/32GB PT12.4; Structure, GigaGS3, Kontakt 5, Garratin, Sibelius 8.7+, Finale26,EMU,Vegas Pro 16-10/; RME HDSP9652,MOTU 2408 MKIII/1224/308, FX,Kurz,L5s,Strat,ASAT,JB,Zon
Old 04-24-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I see, do you think is a nice ideia to buy a mac, cause often i see things like this holding me down... i had to format my pc cuz pro tools wasnt finding some drivers and then now this... Maybe buing an mac mini isnt a bad idea
If you can afford a Mac, you would be better off buying an interface.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-24-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
If you can afford a Mac, you would be better off buying an interface.
But i already have an interface an audiobox usb, isnt that good enough for me to start recording and learning?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I see, do you think is a nice ideia to buy a mac, cause often i see things like this holding me down...

It's computers in general it's not just your experience.

If it's not one thing it's another....
macs usually have less problems yes....
and they usually last longer yes....

They usually cost 3 times as much and have hardware that is at least twice as old. (Say I'm wrong, I dare one of you lurkers to say it )

Anywho a current Mac mini is not the right purchase a dual core machine isn't where it's at.

A PC can run just fine and be solid.....or you can have heartache ...it's how bad do you want it.....are you willing to research and purchase specific components that are proven reliable ? Most people aren't , and they buy a Mac cause they don't want to deal with it....you know what you can do.

A i7 quad or 6 core machine is where it's at. 16gb ram is the minimum you need.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:24 AM

Quote:

They usually cost 3 times as much and have hardware that is at least twice as old. (Say I'm wrong, I dare one of you lurkers to say it )
I'll not dispute what you say but there's something to be said for not living on the bleeding edge of technology. I play many instruments but keys are one of my main instruments so I'm a little sensitive to what I see in concerts and videos. Ever notice that keyboardists never seem to use the latest version of whatever instrument they play? I see a lot of 1st/2nd/3rd generation Motifs and I think I've only seen one 4th generation. I'm thinking known stability and reliability are what drives this. Same thing with Macs and the parts they use.

QAPLA!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:10 AM

Don't get me wrong I like the Mac OS, I am not anti-Mac....I still own the products.

I was trying to exaggerate the extremes to make it clearer for the OP to see which way he needed to go.

There is really good performance out of a 6core nMP, however if your going to spend $3,000 on a computer just b/c you don't want problems you need to understand what your getting.

There is something to be said for hassle free Pro Tooling.

I get it, but the OP isn't going to spend pennies to get there, and even the cheap way will cost you some technical work.
(Upgrading those 2012 MP's to 12cores or even the 2009's and the 2010's)

I came across a steal of a deal on a 2012 6-core machine...I could have used it as my main production system, but I didn't believe it was necessary, I sold it and pocketed the cash. I use my Win10 8 core Xeon build and it works just fine.

Macs are not necessarily essential to a blissful PT experience.

There are pros and cons on each side of the OS divide

Old 04-25-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I like the Mac OS, I am not anti-Mac....I still own the products.

I was trying to exaggerate the extremes to make it clearer for the OP to see which way he needed to go.

There is really good performance out of a 6core nMP, however if your going to spend $3,000 on a computer just b/c you don't want problems you need to understand what your getting.

There is something to be said for hassle free Pro Tooling.

I get it, but the OP isn't going to spend pennies to get there, and even the cheap way will cost you some technical work.
(Upgrading those 2012 MP's to 12cores or even the 2009's and the 2010's)

I came across a steal of a deal on a 2012 6-core machine...I could have used it as my main production system, but I didn't believe it was necessary, I sold it and pocketed the cash. I use my Win10 8 core Xeon build and it works just fine.

Macs are not necessarily essential to a blissful PT experience.

There are pros and cons on each side of the OS divide
I really really really appreciate your help guys, especially YYR123!!

And i'm sorry if i'm making some grammar mistakes but english isn't my primary language.

So the best thing i could possibly do is to buy some output to use with my interface right? I have a audiobox USB and it has 3 p10 outputs ( i don't know if its p10 in english but it's that usual guitar cable entry), two of them being right and left and other one being "phone".

My main concern here is if i there is a phone that has that p10 male cable, usually phones have only that small p2. i had really bad experiences using that p10/p2 conversors and now i don't know what to do?

What you guys think?

Again thanks for the help!