Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Default cant get my pro tools to read my motif

i have a mbox2 pro..
i have a mic (xlr cord) into mic 1
i also have a Left and Right Aux Cable hooked into
Input 1 and 2
I goto Track>>New>>Audio>>Stereo

It only shows my mic on the left side.. I need that to read my Motif.. Whats the Settings i need under Input/Output..
Thank you
Old 12-07-2009, 08:55 PM

Default Re: cant get my pro tools to read my motif

The setting you need to change is on the front panel of the Mbox. With the MIC LED lit, only the XLR input will work(fine for the mic you have on channel 1). To record the keyboard in stereo, run 2 cables from the L&R output of the Motif to the 2 DI inputs on the front of the Mbox and push the buttons for DI on those 2 inputs. You might also try plugging the keyboard cables into the 2 LINE inputs on the back of the Mbox. If this doesn't get you going, come back with more details(exact cables and all). Some info for the newbies here; a MIC is a mono source and should get recorded to a mono audio track. The keyboard could be recorded in mono with a single cable, but most of us record them to a stereo audio track with a pair of inputs. Most keyboards use unbalanced outputs so standard guitar cords are the way to go(or a pair molded together but with 2xMono quarter inch plugs at both ends like one that Hosa makes). You COULD use an insert cable(TRS at one end and dual mono quarter inch at the other end) from the headphone output, but the line outs are the first choice.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM

I have the L/R output going to the two inputs on the back on the Mbox.
Which should be Stereo track 1 and 2 correct??
I had it all set up before, the same way. Had to reinstall Pro Tools on a new PC.. Now im having the problem.. It was something in the I/O Section last time, i messed around in there and got it.. But im stuck like chuck now..
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Start by going into the I/O setup page>input tab and click on DEFAULT. I'm not sure that the rear line inputs might actually be considered 3&4? By selecting DEFAULT, you may end up with all the available inputs(from the Mbox) showing up as available choices on your tracks. I little more fussing with it and I bet you get it working. Don't be embarrassed to take notes on some of these things as they are easy to forget when you don't address them on a regular basis(I have lots of little Notepad files with tips and tricks in my MyDocuments folder).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-13-2009, 09:35 AM

yea its still not working.. this sucks!@#
screw the mbox.. :)