Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-22-2011, 03:03 PM

Default Eucontrol 2.6.2 out

There was no announcement, I found it by accident..

The new Eucontrol came out last thursday and it would appear they fixed the cut-off text problem. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Eucontrol 2.6.2 out

It's running well here and haven't had any issues working on some mixes. I'm keen on seeing how well it integrates with PT10's new channel strip plugin... just waiting for PT10 to finish downloading now :)
Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
It's running well here and haven't had any issues working on some mixes. I'm keen on seeing how well it integrates with PT10's new channel strip plugin... just waiting for PT10 to finish downloading now :)
Careful folks. I have an MC Control and MC Mix, running MacPro quad 3.0Ghz with Lion 10.7.2. Installed 2.6.2 because I bought Protools 10 and that version is supposed to give you the new benefits. What happens? MC Control gets bound when you start it, and then the screen looks like it hangs and becomes very unresponsive. Then it gets unbound all on its own for no reason. Press the power button to shut it down and it takes about 30 seconds to turn off. Turn it back on and it works again for about a minute and then the problem starts over. The MC Mix has no such issue. 2.6.1 works fine if you uninstall software and revert back. All hardware tests pass.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a firmware update to support the new changes in protools.

Anyone who runs into this, and can offer some kind of workaround or reason for it, please do share. In the mean time, I've opened a ticket with support in the hopes they have some kind of guidance.

Thanks
RR

ps. Yes I've rebooted, deleted preference files and all that jazz. Remember 2.6.1 work fine :)
Old 10-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Actually, I literally just encountered a similar issue. The Control's touchscreen becomes randomly unresponsive to touch after a while, but still updates to reflect softkey presses and gives visual feedback etc. It's like the touch component just decides to stop working. It fixes itself after I restart the Control, but then happens again randomly later.

Looks like there're still some issues to iron out.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Actually, I literally just encountered a similar issue. The Control's touchscreen becomes randomly unresponsive to touch after a while, but still updates to reflect softkey presses and gives visual feedback etc. It's like the touch component just decides to stop working. It fixes itself after I restart the Control, but then happens again randomly later.

Looks like there're still some issues to iron out.
OK Glad I'm not hallucinating :)

Is your MC Control also losing assignment from EUControl? Meaning it goes from the My Surfaces back to All Surfaces for no reason?

Seeking a solution to that problem as well.

RR
Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 PM

I had that issue when I first received my units, I found they were fixable by making sure all my units had their own static IP addresses. If you're losing control of your units then I suspect it could be a network configuration problem.

If you have any luck with the screen issues though, let me know! The firmware and Eucontrol really does need an overhaul, there're a fair few areas the touchscreen interface could definitely be improved.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I had that issue when I first received my units, I found they were fixable by making sure all my units had their own static IP addresses. If you're losing control of your units then I suspect it could be a network configuration problem.

If you have any luck with the screen issues though, let me know! The firmware and Eucontrol really does need an overhaul, there're a fair few areas the touchscreen interface could definitely be improved.
The touchscreen display goes unresponsive for me sometimes after I turn on the assignable knob feature from the transport and I have to restart Eucon. It doesn't happen every time and I'm not sure of the exact way to reproduce the scenario.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:

I am on static IP. This setup has been the same for a couple of years now. This just started happening. I even disabled my first ethernet port so only the port with the MC Control and MC Mix is alive, same issue. Airport is disabled on this machine as well. Ethernet 2 is at the top of the order list.

I read all the FAQs and such, I don't know what else can be wrong here. MC Mix has no issues, just control. I can only guess that perhaps my hardware is going to hell, which is a shame since I've only had this unit for 3 years or so.

R
Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Dunno if it will make a difference to anyone else. I deinstalled 2.6.1 and Installed 2.6.2 again. (problem still persisted) I changed the static IP I was using from 10.0.0.x to 172.16.0.x (problem was intermittent but better). I am connected to Ethernet 2 on my Mac Pro, I moved Ethernet 1 to be the top interface and Ethernet 2 to be the second. Restarted my Mac with MC Mix and Control off. Waited for Eucon control to startup first, then I turn on the artist units. (Problem seems to have gone away)

Seems to be sticking and the interface is not hanging or slowing down. It's now been working for about 15 minutes, which is longer than I've gone before. Not awe inspiring :)

Thanks for the suggestion that it may be a networking thing; I suspect if the network protocol is even slow for any reason that the MC Control will simply not behave properly.

Bleh, ugly, happy I'm doing all this off of a cloned drive... If you're running live sessions and have work to do, don't try PT10/Artist series 2.6.2 without cloning first and then upgrading/testing.

RR
Old 10-22-2011, 09:36 PM

No problems, the same issue was driving me insane for ages at one point! I'm still getting the random touchscreen-stops-working issue though. I'm going to spend a few more hours getting a feel for any quirks that PT10/2.6.2 has before any clients come in for tracking.