How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Default installation problem

I have Pro Tools 10 release.
I try to find a solution to a technical problem. The problem could be simple to solve, but I need the advice of experienced people ...
Basically, I've updated my version Pro Tools 10 (10.2.0 which was working fine) to update 10.3.7 to be able to have access to a virtual instrument. I installed the new version of the software, taking care to disconnect everything (usb cable off, sound card disconnected, closing the antivirus, closing all other windows and applications, key ILOK off, etc.). The software 10.3.7 is installed, plug-ins are responsible, but a message appears (see screen image) telling me that 'Pro Tools hardware is not installed or used by another program' .
I removed the software and reinstall the 10.3.7 release. but it's still the same problem.
I'm PC Win 7 64 bit. I have asio4all driver for playback. My software is installed on the C drive and made ​​my music files are on another hard drive. The software is installed in my programs (-c disk system)
Thank you for your answer
Old 08-19-2014, 03:42 PM

Default Re: installation problem

I am baffled on why you thought you needed to disconnect anything. For my updates(also on Win7), I simply use Windows>Control Panel>Uninstall a Program to remove Pro Tools(AND select to also remove HD driver in ALL cases, no matter what hardware is in use). I also uninstall Pace 64 bit support. After a reboot, I run the new installer(ALWAYS right-click and select Run as Admin) and the first thing the installer does is report "Pending Pace......." which you click Okay. It then runs the Pace installer>asks for a reboot. Upon reboot, the installer pops up and you click Okay to continue. Once it finishes, another reboot and you are done. At no time do I disconnect hardware(I don't run antivirus on my audio machine).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave