Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 AM

Default 003R+ & PT11 sample rate & buffer issue.

Hi guys,

I've recently moved most of my sessions across to PT11 to utilise the additional RAM acces for VI's.

I use a custom i5 build PC, 003R+ interface, with various bits of outboard latched through bus'.

In PT10, the driver set on the the 003+ allowed multiple options of both buffer size (playback settings) and sample rates ranging from 44.1 to 192khz, thus seen as proprietary hardware from 1st party.

Upon installing PT11 and moving everything to the 64 bit architecture, if I kept the old 32 bit drivers on the rack, I was given sole choice of 256bits in the buffer settings and a default 44.1khz in the sessions settings.

If I was willing to save a new version of my settings, I could amend the buffer settings in the hardware settings tab, as PT would now see the 003 as a 3rd party ASIO surface.

I chose to update the drivers to 64 bit (9.0.7 build)...

As PT11 now sees the hardware as first party again, it has completely removed the sample rate choices (stuck at 44.1) or buffer (stuck at 256), I'm at a loss as to how to rectify this.

With the loss in selection in PT11, the ranging selections are now removed from PT10 also. As i'm able to co-install, I would assume I could still receive the same features in PT10 and migrate everything to PT11 even if simply utilising the offline bounce feature.

I can obviously roll-back the drivers, but this would effectively nullify my purchase of 11.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or has AVID decided the legacy gear is too old to support?

I would prefer to remain with the 003. All my hardware is racked and kept away from my desk, I also take the rack with me when I'm moving between work areas (recording, gigging, etc). And, I don't have the money to move to native/hdx and run PT11HD and an Omni.

Can anyone offer help on this?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 AM

Default Re: 003R+ & PT11 sample rate & buffer issue.

The 003 is supported for PT 11. Is the 003 the default sound card for Windows? If it is, make the on-board or other sound card the default. This may fix the issue.

9.0.7 is the correct driver for the 003 Rack and PT 11.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 PM

Default Re: 003R+ & PT11 sample rate & buffer issue.

Hi buddy.

I have looked at my system settings. It was the default sound card. I have moved it to the on-board and the issue remains the same.