Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-24-2014, 11:06 AM

Default Does Pro Tools 10 have an Echo,either through Sends,or Inserts?

Hey guys, I need to use Echo effect on some tracks, Need help in finding and implementing it….Thanks
Old 08-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Does Pro Tools 10 have an Echo,either through Sends,or Inserts?

Insert a delay plugin on an AUX track. Set the track's input to any available bus. Add sends(on the same bus) to the tracks you want to add echo to. You likely have at least 5 delay plugins(Digirack includes short, medium, long and Extra-long. Then there is an AIR delay plugin as well). Search youtube for "using delay plugin in pro tools"(without the quotes) to find tutorials on this(and tons of other basic DAW techniques)

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Thank you so much for the tip, I am self taught,and appreciate any help I can get, It is nice when people help with ought reprimanding,or being critical that "I don't know enough",or being shamed for trying to learn my craft…..Peace!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
Thank you so much for the tip, I am self taught,and appreciate any help I can get, It is nice when people help with ought reprimanding,or being critical that "I don't know enough",or being shamed for trying to learn my craft…..Peace!
In addition to what albee wrote don't forget to route the output of the aux track to the same place the audio from the tracks you are putting sends on goes to elsewise you may not get what you want. For example if you are putting a send on an audio track whose output is going to your main output (whatever that may be) route the output of the track the send is going to to your main output(like this: audio track with guitar on it and it's output is going to main out and you're using a send to an aux track with echo on an insert - route the output of that send to your main out). No need to go from a track to a bus to a track; just route from track to track that way you don't have to keep track of what busses are being used and for what.

I'm just using 'main output' as a generic track name when in reality it could be just about any track (aux or audio) or even a physical output.

QAPLA!