Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 07:23 AM

Default Mix Farm not recognized with d24 in 9600

Hello Everyone,

I have just installed a Mix Farm in the first slot of the 9600, followed by a d24 and PCI Farm card. I am running Mac OS 9.0.4, and Pro Tools 5.0.1.

I have trashed all Digi related prefs after the installation, and cannot get the Mix Farm to be recognized in the Hardware Setup or Playback Engine windows. The card is recognized in DigiTest, but the test hangs when the application attempts to "Connect to DSP".

Is there anything else I should attempt to get this configuration working? I have never had problems with this computer, it is a 9600.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mix Farm not recognized with d24 in 9600

Quote:
Originally posted by Didier de Roos:
I'm pretty sure you have to reverse the order of the d24 and the Mix Farm. The d24 should be the first card in your system.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This information is incorrect. The proper card order for this configuration is as you (mikejavo) already have:
0-Mix Farm
1-d24
2-DSP Farm
3-
4-(SCSI Card)
5-Monitor card

-->When you trash Digidesign preference files, make sure you trash all 3 files: the DAE prefs (the entire folder), DigiSetup and the ProTools preferences. Empty the trash and restart.

-Try connecting the cards together with different nodes of the TDM ribbon cable.

If problems persist, can you get Pro Tools to launch if you remove the Mix Farm from the system?

Brent
Old 10-24-2002, 01:19 PM

If you wouldn't mind, please tell us how this setup works when you get it all set up and working. I have a d24/pci farm and I'm thinking of getting a mix farm card as well, and I've been curious how much improvement I would see. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2002, 06:41 AM

hey allbaldo, i run a d24 with a mix farm and dsp farm pt system. works wonderfullty. the addition of mix farm gives me 64 tracks in addition to surround and some plugins that are mix only plugs. running all three cards is gonna give slightly more power than running a mix system and less power than running a mix plus system. it is a great way to gain extra dsp and expand your existing d24 system.........card order is mix farm, d24,dsp farm.....if you get one and follow that you will be pleased [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 08:51 AM

Thank you Digi Tech Support,

I have tried different nodes on the ribbon cable, and even swapped for a known working cable, but the Mix Farm is still not recognized. I have also replaced all Digi applications and extensions, but that hasn't helped.

I can fully run Pro Tools 5.0.1 with the Mix Farm still seated and connected by the ribbon cable. However, it is not seen in the Playback Engine setup window. Only the d24 and Old Farm card show up. As it stands right now, I have the USD and 882/20 connected to the d24, while the Mix Farm is still in the system, and all works, except the only PB Engine available is the d24.

I will try to get another working Mix Farm card, and see if it's recognized.

Thank you again, and if you have any further tests I can perform, please let me know.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:09 AM

Interface is connected to the MixFarm card? It should be. I have a MixFarm, d24, DSPFarm setup and it works great. 888#1 on mixfarm, 888#2 on d24. You should have no problems, unless your farm is bad.