Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM

Default This version of Pro Tools requires DAE version 5.1 or later.

HELP!

I have a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 1GB of RAM, and I'm a software update junkie. In the past I've never had a problem with .x updates breaking Pro Tools, only major releases.

Well, since I've hit 10.4.10 it seems that I can't ever get Pro Tools to launch because it always gives me the error message:

"This version of Pro Tools requires DAE version 5.1 or later."

Help? I haven't changed hardware or anything. I'm running Pro Tools 7.1.1. Well, trying to!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: This version of Pro Tools requires DAE version 5.1 or la

Josh,

I am also having the same exact error. I was just finishing updating my core drivers so I could run Melodyne cre8.... Which worked like a charm, the program gives me autio playback now when before it would play silence... however this came at the expense of Pro Tools actually opening. I am getting the same exact error on startup.

I'm running a similar system:

Processor 4 x 2.5GHz PowerPC G5

002 Mixer.... PT LE 7.1... could be 7.1.1... not sure. Please email me @ hollensATgmail.com if you found a way to get around this error. I need this up and running ASAP for my sessions this week.
www.PeterHollens.com
Old 10-06-2007, 01:32 PM

BUMP. Please help. I'm going to try to update to 7.3 and see if that works, but right now I'm going to wait until monday and see if anyone will respond to me on this.... Please someone... anyone... help?
www.PeterHollens.com
Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Peter...

So you're running coreaudio 7.3 but only protools 7.1? That might be your problem. It's especially a problem if you downloaded the 'stand alone' core audio driver as that is only for use if you do not have PT installed on your computer. Also, your sig lists 10.4.3, but your post says 10.4.4 - was that a recent upgrade, and did you use the combo updater to get there?

--

For Josh, your problem was probably caused by your OS update. Have you downloaded and installed the 10.4.10 combo updater as suggested in the 10.4.9/104.10 thread? Have you tried the pre-bind script?

Have both of you trashed prefs etc. already as well? Previous threads where this issue popped up (do a search) seemed to be solved after trashing prefs and/or uninstalling/reinstalling PT, so try that as well if nothing else helps.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Last thing I can do is uninstall Pro Tools and re-install.

I tried trashing prefs and deleting the volumes files to no avail.

Seems hard to believe that there are not more 10.4.10 people out there experiencing issues. Perhaps I should purchase the 7.3 upgrade as well...

Anyone else have insight?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I tried trashing prefs and deleting the volumes files to no avail.
Sorry to repeat myself, but since you didn't directly answer this one I'll post it again - did you download the 10.4.10 combo updater and install that? You don't mention how you got to 10.4.10, but if it was using the automatic Software Update from your mac, downloading and installing the combo updater should fix the problem, and the pre-bind script tends to fix any other issues that the combo updater doesn't.

Quote:
Seems hard to believe that there are not more 10.4.10 people out there experiencing issues
10.4.10 has caused issues for many other folks who use the Software Update feature (hint - turn that off if you haven't already), but doing one or both of the above usually fixes the issues. Sorry if you have tried these things already, you didn't mention them so I though it was worth repeating. If you have and you're still stuck, a PT uninstall/re-install should do the trick. See the "General Troubleshooting" thread for more info if you're unsure on how to go about that.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 AM

In the interest of keeping this updated with information for others, here is where I am at now:

I have trashed prefs and attempted to use the prebinding script to no avail. I did Software Update to 10.4.10 automatically, so I tried the Combo 1.4.10 update from Apple's website, also to no avail. I guess the next step is to completely reinstall Pro Tools and see if that does the trick. Not sure at this point.

Anyone else have ideas at this point? Maybe 7.3 would fix this?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Avid

Josh - you should do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Pro Tools 7.1.1, as it appears that your installation is corrupted somehow.

Are you sure the only thing you did was update to 10.4.10?

Typically this error is caused by having an incompatible version of Pro Tools installed at some point (like installing 7.1 on an Intel Mac, for instance...).
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 AM

I do not have the full 7.1.1 version as a self-installer. The version of Pro Tools I have is 6.9, and then I have since purchased the necessary upgrades for 7.1.1. I bought the 7.0 upgrade when Tiger came out so I could continue to use Pro Tools.

I have since switched to a Core 2 Duo Intel Mac, and if I'm not mistaken 7.1.1 should be compatible with Intel Macs. Is it okay to install 6.9 and then do the updating, or is that where the issue is? I don't have a 7.1.1 full installer, so it's sort of my only option, unfortunately.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Bump.