How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Big Business

>Grivel, if you seriously think that no Icons will be going into the type of rooms mentioned above >then you should be prepared to be embarrassed when the announcements are made by digi on these sales

Why would I be embarrased? I could care less how many consoles digi or AMS sells. Or Harrison for that matter. It's like being embarrased because Honda just upgraded their civic to a newer model, but I thought the old one looked better. Big deal. Move on.

Read my posts carefully, and you will see where I projected the ICON would be used, so far I am spot on. I think you have to upgrade your reading skills. You only choosing to read what you want to read. Read all of it my friend.

>I have no doubt at all that in the next few months Icons will be going into post rooms at big media >companies - networks, major Post companies

Im happy for you. You should write a letter to these companies expressing your kind feelings.

>Maybe not at first into the $1000/hr dub stages but it will start in Predub rooms, B stages and >when the necessary facilities are added to the platform - even the big stages

Wicked. I'll watch for you cheering by the sidelines, waiting by the dumpsters for all the DADR5000's that will be thrown out. As well as the MMR's. You can take a picture and e-mail it to me. I'll cry and never get over it.

>if facilities managers can get the equipment costs down and still mix the shows a generate profit- >then they will.

I think you should mail your business model to these companies. You've come up with some great business models here. Make sure people find out about it.

>Thats foolish- those days are over

I'm sorry. I'll watch what I say from now on. I wouldn't want to be a fool.