Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2016, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Blank "Sign in Window" PT First

Anyone figured this out yet? I've had the same problem since practically day one. App Manager used to tell me it could not connect to Avid Servers, but that has been resolved now and is working (as best as app manager works that is) but in pro tools I still cannot sign in.

I found this but it is no help http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ools-Dashboard
Old 08-30-2016, 08:56 PM

I am having the same issue. Pro Tools First. Blank log in screen when starting up the app. No way to log in that I can see. Have tried disabling the firewall, and restarting the app. No change. Can "X" out of the blank screen, and PTF continues to load. But then cannot open any existing files because PTF cannot reach the cloud where all files are stored with PTF. Pretty much makes the app unusable. MacBook Pro. 8 gigs of RAM. Stable internet connection. PTF 12.3.1 Mac OS X 10.12 Beta (although I also had the same issue with OS X 10.11.6).
Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeador View Post
I am having the same issue. Pro Tools First. Blank log in screen when starting up the app. No way to log in that I can see. Have tried disabling the firewall, and restarting the app. No change. Can "X" out of the blank screen, and PTF continues to load. But then cannot open any existing files because PTF cannot reach the cloud where all files are stored with PTF. Pretty much makes the app unusable. MacBook Pro. 8 gigs of RAM. Stable internet connection. PTF 12.3.1 Mac OS X 10.12 Beta (although I also had the same issue with OS X 10.11.6).
Hi Imeador,
Sorry but Pro Tools First is still not supported on your version of MAC. It is only supported in Mac OSX 10.11.3 and earlier. For more info on the system requirements of PT First, please see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...m-Requirements

Best,
Tope
Old 11-03-2017, 12:40 PM

Hi.
I'm having the same exact problem: blank log in window during the launch, I'm skipping it, trying to sign in from the Dashboard, which is telling me I don't have internet connection. Tried to disable firewall with no success.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Edit 1: I also cannot log in into the app manager, "unknown error".
Edit 2: Spacing.

Last edited by evegeney; 11-03-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spacing, added info
Old 01-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Hey guys, created an account to try offer a "solution" of sorts. I had the same issue. What I did as a work around was Deactivate Firewall and opened PT First and literally just left it alone for 10 minutes or so and the blank screen finally loaded up allowing me to sign in. Maybe I got lucky, but hope this helps some of y'all!
Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 AM

I'm using PT First for the first time and having the same trouble. Start it up and get stuck with a blank white window while the screen behind it states it is "signing in to your Avid account".

I've tried deactivating the firewall and I get the same issue.

Anyone ever figured this out?

I'm on a Dell Laptop with Windows 10.
Fitter, Happier Studios...