Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2007, 08:13 AM

Default this is what happened when I updated my firmware

This is the messed up story about the M box 2

I have an M box 2 running protunes 6.8.1. my OS was before i back tracked was 10.4.11. now it's back to 10.4.6. i was having problems with my mbox causing weird distortion once in a while when i would play back. i'd hit play, there would be digitized distortion, i'd hit stop and play again and it would be back to normal. so some one suggested to see if there is a firmware update for my version. oddly enough there is. i sarted to download it, it said it was successful. excet the fact that my mbox was now OFF. it connects and acts like its working , shows up in the IO, but no sound and all lights are off. i emailed digi and they said that the firmware is not supported by 10.4.11 which i recently upgrades to and ran two sessions on before i did the firmware. so thanks alot for warning me. so i tried the many things, restarting unplugung and repluging the mbox. nothing. I even went to the point of archiving and reinstalling my OS so im back to 10.4.6. and i did a clean wipe and reinstale of PT. but for some reason the firmware is still at the new version 1.43. How do i go back to the original firmware version which was 1.3somthing, is there any way to fix this or is my M box FUBARed and i need to now buy a new interface.

you friend,
another disapointed custoner :confused
Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: this is what happened when I updated my firmware

Have you tried applying the firmware update again?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: this is what happened when I updated my firmware

yes it wouldn't let me it said "firmware version already exists"

the problem was that version doesn't work for anything above 10.4.2