Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 09:15 PM

Default Need advice on potential steup

i am thinking about getting digi001 and having a PC built for it. Probably a 1Ghz AMD w/256 RAM, 40 G HD... I'm really an amateur when it comes to digital recording ( I have Cakewalk Home Studio) but I want to upgrade to a high quality home studio system that won't take me years to learn.

I have heard good things about Logic Audio, but Digi001 got my attention because it seems to be a complete hardware/software package. Im still thinking about Logic audio gold and a Korg interface - I think its called 1212 IO...

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if digi001 is right for me, or if not, what would you suggest?
Old 12-17-2000, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Need advice on potential steup

I highly recommend going with Digi 001 (unless most/all of what you're doing is MIDI/sequencer stuff).

As for recording "real" music, it's the best in it's price range. And, it's daddy is #1 among top studios. And, if you ever get enough money to upgrade, all session files will be compatible.

DON'T BY AMD. That's the word anyway. Also, Pentium 4 might be a little too new for Digi. I opted to go Pentium 3 1GHz. Got the ASUS CUSL2 board.

I spent tons of hours researching and leveraged the research of others on this list. Will be happy to share more info, just ask.

Ron Cook