Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-29-2018, 11:02 PM

Default Venue 5 for S3L?

So after 4.6 finally being out I have to say I’m not hugely impressed with the update and hence the question: when will version 5 come available for S3L? The possibility of running the console at 96kHz mixed with S6L as well as freeing up the available, now ’hidden’ dsp power is very interesting to me. Probably to someone else too.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Venue 5 for S3L?

In the current pace, it will come in about 8 years, but only if you have the Advanced High Dollar Support Plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2018, 11:51 PM

Just hoping for awesome surprises.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 PM

Hope is all we have. Avid will never state their intentions anyway. So we can hope and guess all we want. It will be just that, though. Hopes and guesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2018, 01:52 AM

There's no surprise, absolutely nothing: just App and on-screen colors. Not all bugs are solved.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:18 AM

My guess is that there never will be a 5.x update for S3L, we might see further small improvements and numbers 4.7 - 4.9.

I know they will never do, but in this case an open roadmap for what is planed in regard to the future of this console might be beneficial.

@rsendra: the update is not just on screen colors, they were always there, but the touch zones really are a great improvement in workflow, especially if you have to start a show on the fly.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:17 AM

Unfortunately 5 is set for the S6L hardware. Completely different architecture. When we started testing 5 I asked for all kinds of the features to be added for S3L, so just know that us S3L guys on the beta teams are fighting for the features that can be implemented. One that I would like is the parent/child snapshots feature. But, we're also under an NDA so we can't discuss anything unless it is announced or appears in the S6L feature set.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:47 PM

Maybe we should start making a difference between Avid-Live Sound team and Avid as parent company, almost all criticism could go to the parent company, it starts with not enough people for the live sound department.

Those in live sound are doing the best they can!
Old 01-30-2018, 01:15 PM

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
Maybe we should start making a difference between Avid-Live Sound team and Avid as parent company, almost all criticism could go to the parent company, it starts with not enough people for the live sound department.

Those in live sound are doing the best they can!
Old 01-31-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
@rsendra: the update is not just on screen colors, they were always there, but the touch zones really are a great improvement in workflow, especially if you have to start a show on the fly.
¿A 199$ issue? Basically the system will do the same as before (unless touchscreen and app), because there's no update for the VENUE Standalone software. Hardware is what it is (no expansion cards) but what about software? The UI of S6 is really better than the "old" one at S3... why they don't update that too? More events, more options... and the App... if you check the ProTools App is really full and useful, which are the problems to don't do that at S Line?