Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 AM

Default Renewal Pricing

I also have a problem renewing. The only option I have on my account page is to turn on auto-renew but nowhere does it say how much I'm going to be charged. Sorry if I may appear stupid but the pricing options for Pro Tools confuse me. How much is a 1 year subscription renewal for PT Ultimate?
Old 03-24-2020, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Unable to renew subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by swepett View Post
I also have a problem renewing. The only option I have on my account page is to turn on auto-renew but nowhere does it say how much I'm going to be charged. Sorry if I may appear stupid but the pricing options for Pro Tools confuse me. How much is a 1 year subscription renewal for PT Ultimate?
There is a subscription and a annual support plan for Ultimate! Guessing you have a perpetual license so it would be $399 for a year.

Subscription fee is something different. I think it is 85-86 USD a month for non perpetual license.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-25-2020, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Unable to renew subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
There is a subscription and a annual support plan for Ultimate! Guessing you have a perpetual license so it would be $399 for a year.

Subscription fee is something different. I think it is 85-86 USD a month for non perpetual license.
Thanks for your reply. This is what we have:

Looks like a subscription to me. Or is it? I am still confused. And I didn't realise PT was so expensive these days... We paid around 900 EUR last year when we bought it. Will it be the same every year now?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Renewal Pricing

If you have a Ultimate License then it is $399 a year to stay current. The Subscription license will stop working if you stop paying and the Perpetual license will keep working on the last version out when you stop.

if you stop paying and when you wanna get back on the plan again it is $999 or around €900 so maybe you had a perpetual license and upgraded (reinstated) which is why it was around the €900 mark.

A Ultimate License is 2499 USD new and a non Ultimate is $599 and both purchases incl a one year plan.

Check the iLok key and see what it says. If it is a Subscription you would pay monthly. A support plan paid yearly.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————