Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 AM

Default Playback Engine Problem

I have Pro Tools 9, and run Mac OSX 6.8 Macbook Pro. I use a Fast Track Pro as my interface. Initially my session was running fine, with just drums, which I imported from a 16 track. There are about 8 tracks with at least an eq and compressor on each. I started to record bass, but halfway through the play back engine would quit. I disconnected the Fast Track and reconnected it to get sound running, but then when I re-opened the session it happened again. I tried resetting the buffers in the playback engine, but then something worse happened. Now I can't even access the playback engine. A dialogue comes up which says "could not complete playback engine request because volume(-35) was not found. I thought that this might be a laptop problem, so I went to school where they have a very nice system and the same dialogue comes up.