Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM

Talking -6101 error

i thought i had this resolved about a year ago but here we go again. here's my set up.
imac 10.5.8
pt mp 8
profire 2626
glyph gt 050 i think
Mcdsp
waves MB II

i went through all of the trouble shooting (about a year ago) & thought i had this thing fixed & it worked fine for a while but i was so burnt out messing with it i just kinda got away form it for a while. so here i went to record some stuff a couple of nights ago, opened up a new session template, it's going great no problems. i'm using ez drummer on an instrument track so i've got to get into the midi editor to lay out the drums like i want them. so then BAM!!...good ol' -6101 starts paying me a visit, i guess it missed me? anyway the -6101 only seems to show up when i'm in the midi editor & then even after i convert the midi to audio it still pops up. during the session i had about 10 tracks running with 4 of those i had Eleven amp sim & my cpu meter was up to 80-85% no problems & i was surprised & happy at the time the the program was running ok (no -6101 at all) using that much cpu! i bussed all of my tracks with the Eleven amp sim out to other separate tracks to ease up the cpu & THEN i converted all of my drum midi to audio & bounced that to separate mono audio tracks & the cpu went down to 29% & after all that was done & i'm at 29 % cpu i start getting the -6101 telling me i need to remove some plugins & blah blah blah. all of my plugins are up to date & like i said i went through all the Digi advised trouble shooting. I've got the glyph & the profire daisy chained & had them connected this way, that way & back the other way & still have the same results. there's nothing else i feel i can do. any advice is appreciated but i'm starting to feel like i might need to move on to another DAW....maybe Logic? ( i hope logic ain't a forbidden word on this forum) LOL.........i've just about had it with this stuff......DIGI.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:53 PM

Unhappy Re: -6101 error

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykobilly65 View Post
i thought i had this resolved about a year ago but here we go again. here's my set up.
imac 10.5.8
pt mp 8
profire 2626
glyph gt 050 i think
Mcdsp
waves MB II

i went through all of the trouble shooting (about a year ago) & thought i had this thing fixed & it worked fine for a while but i was so burnt out messing with it i just kinda got away form it for a while. so here i went to record some stuff a couple of nights ago, opened up a new session template, it's going great no problems. i'm using ez drummer on an instrument track so i've got to get into the midi editor to lay out the drums like i want them. so then BAM!!...good ol' -6101 starts paying me a visit, i guess it missed me? anyway the -6101 only seems to show up when i'm in the midi editor & then even after i convert the midi to audio it still pops up. during the session i had about 10 tracks running with 4 of those i had Eleven amp sim & my cpu meter was up to 80-85% no problems & i was surprised & happy at the time the the program was running ok (no -6101 at all) using that much cpu! i bussed all of my tracks with the Eleven amp sim out to other separate tracks to ease up the cpu & THEN i converted all of my drum midi to audio & bounced that to separate mono audio tracks & the cpu went down to 29% & after all that was done & i'm at 29 % cpu i start getting the -6101 telling me i need to remove some plugins & blah blah blah. all of my plugins are up to date & like i said i went through all the Digi advised trouble shooting. I've got the glyph & the profire daisy chained & had them connected this way, that way & back the other way & still have the same results. there's nothing else i feel i can do. any advice is appreciated but i'm starting to feel like i might need to move on to another DAW....maybe Logic? ( i hope logic ain't a forbidden word on this forum) LOL.........i've just about had it with this stuff......DIGI.
WOW,
so no help here????
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM

Default Re: -6101 error

-6101 is bad luck.

It comes

It goes

No reason

No rhyme

No help from Avid

Except for things that aren't related