How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:48 AM

Default Compatibility Issues?

Hi,

I am running Pro Tools 10 on my PC using an iLok and its working 100%. I then installed it on my Mac Book Pro OS X Yosemite (New Installation), and it again, ran with a few bugs but ran a full session through the computers speakers and mic. The interface wasn't recognised so I was unable to record through interface which i wanted to do to record. I uninstalled Pro Tools and set up the drivers so my interface is now recognised, however when i have come back to installing pro tools 10, it is saying i have compatibility issues and that it requires Mac version OS X 10.7 or higher. Yosemite is 10.10 so I am baffled to why it isn't installing correctly? Obviously 10.10 is higher so it should work

Has anybody had similar issues or have any suggestions on how to help?

THANKS!
-casey
Old 01-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Compatibility Issues?

PT 10 support stops at OSX 10.8.x

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-31-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyhallmusic View Post
Hi,

I am running Pro Tools 10 on my PC using an iLok and its working 100%. I then installed it on my Mac Book Pro OS X Yosemite (New Installation), and it again, ran with a few bugs but ran a full session through the computers speakers and mic. The interface wasn't recognised so I was unable to record through interface which i wanted to do to record. I uninstalled Pro Tools and set up the drivers so my interface is now recognised, however when i have come back to installing pro tools 10, it is saying i have compatibility issues and that it requires Mac version OS X 10.7 or higher. Yosemite is 10.10 so I am baffled to why it isn't installing correctly? Obviously 10.10 is higher so it should work

Has anybody had similar issues or have any suggestions on how to help?

THANKS!
-casey
First off how did you get PT10 installed on Yosemite to begin with? And you can't do it now? There is a hack to the package to make it work but that's dodgy at best. And if you do get it installed there are major graphics issues with plugin names not readily being visible in the inserts menus until you scroll over them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
PT 10 support stops at OSX 10.8.x
And won't be fixed so don't hold your breath waiting for it or asking about it.

QAPLA!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:17 AM

The installer is reading "10.10" as "10.1" and therefore less than "10.7", an embarrassingly silly programming error. But as said there are well known issues anyhow with Pro Tools 10 on Yosemite, if you really want to install Pro Tools on that Mac the best thing to do is roll back or reinstall an older version of OS X.