Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Tried Everything to Get Rid of Static/Popping? Try This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis_me View Post
I have also experienced the static noise on ProTools SE, and after many hours of testing several things, I managed to get rid of this problem.

I changed the buffer size to 512, and since them I did not have static noise problems during recording or playback. The buffer size is by default 128, and the only way to change this is by going to File/Preferences/Audio and set it to Mixing or Producing, and it will automatically be set to 512. Otherwise the latency on M-audio Properties is always set to 128 - you should open the M-AudioPre Properties to see the latency. (See my thread "White noise / latency problems")

This worked for me, but I have to bear the higher latency. I hope this will work for you. Let me know.
The one thing I liked about my solution was that it didn't require you to increase latency. Having a delay while recording REALLY throws everything off.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:59 AM

hello all!! im new to protools and have the same problem as most here. the popping sound!!! im sure you have tried everything with no luck. right? well my friends the problem is solved!!!!! for windows 7. this may work on other os ..ok here you go!!

if you notice when you minimize windows while there is playback the popping stops right? this is the result in most cases...try it.. see if it helps..ok, lets assume that worked..now for the permanent fix!!!

go to computer under start menu..go to system properties. click on device manager. click on display adapters. then right click your video card and click on disable. then restart your computer... when you go to run protools now. the popping is gone!!! so , it seems to be a problem with the windows 7 video card driver update being compatable with protools se. i tried just uninstalling the driver, but there were video issues. so by disabling the device both issues were resolved.
i hope this helps others. please post a response if it did help you!!!!
this was days and hours of trouble shooting. i have verified this result 5 times over before posting.. ok, now get recording!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:29 AM

I just did this and it solved the problem. I don't understand why the line out port is not ground like the headphone's jack...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1280.jpg (37.8 KB, 0 views)