Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 PM

Default Select in Region bin won't select region in edit window?

Hi,
I just upgraded from Pro Tools 6.4 / 7.1 to PT 9 HD, running on a Mac Pro w/ Mountain Lion. One thing I use a lot is creating tracks for bouncing by naming consecutive regions in one large chunk of recording audio, then bouncing those as tracks. In PT 9, I find that when I go back and click on the region names in the Region bin to verify that I created them correctly, it doesn't select the corresponding region within the original long audio file in the edit window. This worked fine in PT 5, 6 and 7. I have the two boxes checked in the Preferences window saying that "Region List Selection follows Edit Selection" and vice versa. But no go. The regions are in fact getting created correctly, and if I drag one into the edit window from the bin, it will then highlight correctly when I select it in the bin. But not if the region is part of a large audio file in the edit window. Very annoying.
Am I missing something? This seems like a very obvious thing, and I don't know why it's not happening. Is it a bug, or is there some checkbox I haven't checked?
Thanks! - Steve
Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 AM

Exclamation Re: Select in Region bin won't select region in edit window?

What version of 9? 9.0.6? I wouldn't expect this to be fixed if its a bug with v9.x on Mountain Lion. I think you can only expect v10 to have any degree of support on Mountain Lion.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Select in Region bin won't select region in edit window?

Thanks. I'm definitely aware there's no support for PT 9, or updates. Just hoping that maybe I'm missing something. This seems like a pretty fundamental thing to have just left in as a bug in 9, if it is one...
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Select in Region bin won't select region in edit window?

Someone replied saying:

Preferences: Edit Preferences: "Edit selection follows clip list selection"

Not sure why I don't see the post here, but just as an answer to this, I definitely already have that box checked in Preferences, as well as the alternate one. (Even though in PT 9 they were still called Regions)