Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Default Access Virus TI Users HELP

Since the virus forums are essentially worthless I thought I would try my luck here. If anyone is using an access virus in pro tools with virus control please help.

My problems are, after installing 3.3.4 TI OS I now get graphics glitches in the plug in, actual menus are shifted up of where the graphics are. I can restart the plug in and it usually goes away for a little while and then comes back

Automation in the plug in doesn't work. If I want to record automation lets say cutoff on filter 1. I enable it in the plug in, write arm the instrument track, and record the automation. Upon playback the automation tries to play it back but it is SUPPPPER slow, it usually just ticks a few times then drops to whatever the final automation point is.

If I route audio from channel 1&2 it plays whatever patch I selected and an INIT patch really loud over the top. Output 2&3 do not do this but I have to enable them every time I load up Virus Control and I lose the volume knob functionality.

There are other problems but currently these are my main annoyances. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I LOVE the virus but the virus control in pro tools is garbage.

Using Pro Tools 8.0.3 with 003 on mac 10.5.8
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Access Virus TI Users HELP

I know, this is depressing and disheartening for something considered "industry standard" of synths. But I know they are listening on the forum, I can guarantee this, because I know in OS4 coming out any day now I saw the video where they changed the patch window to be more visually friendly in contrast as per my request in the forum.

And also, for OS4 I heard they are working on fixing alot of the problems and glitches you mention for Pro Tools 8. This is why I am still on 7.4 because the common consensus is that it works better for 7.4. And remember, 8 came out so soon after 7.4, so i think the next OS4 is going to take care of these problems. But don't be reluctant to keep sending their tech support emails and get on their case. You paid over 2 grand for this synth and you deserve better - especially from a company that calls them self industry standard.