Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2016, 08:02 AM

Default Re: 12.5 and El Capitan still with GUI issues

Same here. Tested old sessions, tested new sessions. Now it looks that they fixed the freezing counter and meters on the edit window when hovering the mouse over. But still everything that moves, e.g. meters, counters automated faders, etc, looks stuttery and laggy. On the mix window, meters also look slow, and when opening a Digirack plugin window, like de Dyn3 Compressor, everything behaves as if running on a 10 years old computer. It really makes it hard to keep the flow going when mixing in the box. I cannot believe they can't solve this issue. This sucks!
Old 03-31-2016, 08:46 AM

I have reported my GUI bug with Avid, which is when scrolling up or down or left and right on Edit window the meters freeze. Anyone else getting this?
El Cap. OS X 10.11.4
Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM

I have 10.11.4 and all is well
Old 03-31-2016, 11:59 AM

It seems they did a little bandaid fix to stop the counter and meters from lagging in 12.5 when moving the curser around in the edit window. But when plugins are opened everything gets a bit laggy visually, so the issue is still not really fixed, but at least they are working on it. I can work with the way it is so far. But for all the money we all pay this issue has been on Avid's end all along, the hours waisted by many folks trying to figure out what the problem is and Avid making you think it is on your end, "do a clean install" stand on your head etc etc, hours of waisted time and still laggy GUI. They finally owned up to it and said it was on their end. They should do this upfront and let people know so folks dont waist time and update to operating systems they say are approved when they are not ready for prime time, not leave us all trying to figure out whats wrong, using Beam Sync etc... its in the code and their code is still messed up. They should be held accountable.
It reminds me of when I got the Mbox pro when it first came out, I was constantly getting DAE errors, they updated the firmware a year and a half later and problem solved. How long will it take for them to fix the laggy GUI?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 03-31-2016, 12:44 PM

Yes I totally agree. 🏼
Old 03-31-2016, 03:21 PM

Well, I've tried all the suggestions made here, new session temp in 12.5 - play head still stumbling around like an old drunk, I upgraded to 10.11.4, repaired permissions - play head still stumbles around!

Over all the GUI - dare I say it - does seem smoother (slightly) but the play head!!! I spend a lot of my day doing up close dialog editing and the "glitchy" playhead is a PITA!
Old 03-31-2016, 03:24 PM

I agree. Avid is focusing on bringin new features. That's of course a good thing, but they really need to fix these issues as a priority. These kind ongoing bugs really make me start to consider migrating to other software. Not only because of the problem itself, but it also kinda makes me feel like they are not taking care of their costumers, and some of us have been customers for quite a long time now...
Old 04-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Has anyone heard any updates from Avid?
Old 04-14-2016, 02:11 PM

I know it's been ask before, but this seem like a good time to ask again. Do you guys know if you have a perpetual license and the subscription part runs out do you still get bug fixes like this needed GUI fix or do you have to pay for a renewed subscription to get bug fixes?
Old 04-14-2016, 03:58 PM

Generally speaking , no. Unless they release an update for 12.4 it's unlikely. The only way forward is with subscription.