Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 AM

Default Zoom limit Pro Tools 8

Did a search to no avail.

Recently upgraded computer / Pro tools 8. Having an issue that seems to be dependent on session. On sessions affected I can not zoom in far enough to use the pencil tool to draw out clicks and pops etc.

I imagine this is a one click fix, just haven't been able to find it.

cheers
Kevin M
Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Zoom limit Pro Tools 8

It may just be the zoom presets( 1 thru 5) so if you click on the arrows at either end of that set of "buttons"(instead of the 5 presets), you should be able to zoom way in or way out.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroomPole View Post
Did a search to no avail.

Recently upgraded computer / Pro tools 8. Having an issue that seems to be dependent on session. On sessions affected I can not zoom in far enough to use the pencil tool to draw out clicks and pops etc.

I imagine this is a one click fix, just haven't been able to find it.

cheers
Kevin M
man i would love to learn how to pencil draw to remove a pop or click, anyone have a tutorial on it?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestion

Its not the 1 - 5 presets as its happening while in command focus using "r and t" for zooming. which act like the arrows.

And its not in every session. So I belive its just a prefrence setting that limiting my zooming. I'm really enjoying using 8, its just taking a while to re locatae everything!!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 AM

Hi Broompole,

I'm having the same issue with the zoom limit and I can't find the option or parameter. Did you find something since?

Thank you verymuch

Etienne
Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Hey,

I found something: you have to reduce the edit window length into the Setup>Preferences menu, Display tab. For example I did set it to 3hours and it was ok.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne_C View Post
Hey,

I found something: you have to reduce the edit window length into the Setup>Preferences menu, Display tab. For example I did set it to 3hours and it was ok.
Same problem here, my edit window length was set to 10 hrs, I set it to 3 and it worked. Great! I went thru all prefs and I would never had figure that one out without this forum.
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 AM

I've also got this issue - on LE 8.0cs3, just one particular session...other sessions started at the same time seem to be working fine.

it's definitely not the display time - have set that to everything from one minute to 10hrs, with no change.

if you import tracks from the same session into a fresh session, the problem follows (although the fresh session itself seems to be fine).

These sessions are going back and forth from 8 to 7, so will see if it persists. A bit of a pain if nothing else...
Old 07-18-2009, 01:02 AM

it is happening when the files you are trying to change are locked. like when you opened the embedded OMF with linking to OMF files. Try save session copy with all audio files. or just consolidate the area where you want to draw with the pencil.

Rafi
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafukyo View Post
it is happening when the files you are trying to change are locked. like when you opened the embedded OMF with linking to OMF files. Try save session copy with all audio files. or just consolidate the area where you want to draw with the pencil.

Rafi
Thanks for the help - I've never used OMF so I don't really know what you're referring to there.

I don't think the files are locked - there's nothing any different in this session than there is in the other 2 sessions I have from the same recording dates that work fine. It would seem that's a weird thing for it to be though - I could understand having problems editing locked files, but just viewing them? sounds more like a session corruption to me.

I'd be willing to bet saving a session copy would fix it - at the moment I'm just living with the problem, I don't need to pencil any edits and I don't want to abandon the previous session files, since we may need to return to them.

Consolidating the audio doesn't fix it either.