Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack -> MIDIMate Question.

Hey Sean,

Have you ever plugged your expression pedal into the MidiMate? I've never been able to get that configuration to work so I run my pedal (Boss FV-500H) into the 11R where it works great.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Hello All,

Now for the last week I have been looking into MIDI floorboards to use to control the 11R.

Most were too expensive like the Ground Control Pro at around $1,300 (here in Australia) and others thereabouts - they are all far too expensive, more the the 11R cost new. But I came across a cheaper option the Rocktrom MIDImate (as used by Sean Halley) @ $450 AU plus expression pedal $150, its considerably cheaper. But I need a couple of questions answered.

The blurb for the MIDImate said thusly:

"The MIDI Mate also features a 7-pin MIDI connector, allowing 'phantom power' to be used with a 7-pin MIDI cable"

Now is it possible to run the MIDImate with this 'Phantom Power' on the 11R using a 7 pin configuration? I am a complete MIDIot and have no idea . And if I can't use this 'phantom power' how exactly would I run the unit? That is, what sort of cable would I need to connect it to the 11R?
If I fall in love with the POD HD500, I may sell my GC Pro. I will keep you posted although I may not move on the pedal for a few weeks.

I don't know if the power issue will effect you since I bought my pedal here in the states. Sounds like it may be a problem.

I hope to test out the POD within the next 2 weeks.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Technically, the Expression jack on the MIDIMate works, but I have never had good luck with it, honestly. You have to set up the pedal for each patch, so that may be why you're having trouble.

The jacks on the MIDI Xpression have worked great for me live, but I don't think I've used that jack on the MIDIMate in awhile. I'll have to check it out again one of these days.

S..

Scofield...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Halley View Post
Technically, the Expression jack on the MIDIMate works, but I have never had good luck with it, honestly. You have to set up the pedal for each patch, so that may be why you're having trouble.

The jacks on the MIDI Xpression have worked great for me live, but I don't think I've used that jack on the MIDIMate in awhile. I'll have to check it out again one of these days.

S..
Well, I was really looking at using the MIDImate in conjunction with a Rocktron Expression pedal - the HEX - primarily to volume control in a live setting (but, of there will be some wah, for personal enjoyment). So because of your experience i.e. 'never had good luck' - would you recommend not buying the MIDImate (+ expression pedal) and perhaps going with another option?

And thanks for all your input it really helps.