Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 AM

Default mirror main outputs to SPDIF or no double bussing?

Hi all,

I just hooked up a central station (great thing BTW) to control monitor switching etc and in most of my apps I've left the 'digi core audio manager' preference 'mirror main outputs to spdif' on. This is quite nice as I'm able to monitor both the 002r's 1-2 output via both the analog and spdif outputs.

In PT itself it seems to be a different matter; Dead silence on the spdif outputs. Ok, so I figure that the digi core audio manager prefs are probably interfering with PT even though I'm able to send signal ( and monitor it) to the spdif outs if I assign the track outputs directly. So I go into the regular audio control panel set and disable the 002 as defaut audio output, and defeat the mirroring of outputs in the core audio manager and when back in PT reset my i/o paths to default. My plan is simply to double bus the 1-2 outs along with the 17-18 outs (the spdif) on the master fader using the standard control-click select for multiple outputs. No dice. PT won't let me double bus the main and spdif outputs on any aux or master although I can select other combinations. Anyone know what the story is? It's not a huge deal to re-assign all my outputs, but it's very nice to have the ability to monitor main outs via 1-2 and spdif as well as compare other material through the same dac on the central station.

Ideas?

Cheers.
-holbrook
Old 05-09-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: mirror main outputs to SPDIF or no double bussing?

Hi, it's possible to assign all audio/aux/inst tracks to more than one output by holding down the ctrl key and selecting another output eg in my case 1+2 and spdif, I then create two masterfaders one with the output to 1+2 and the other output to spdif.
If you want the signals to be identical then you will have to insert the same plugins on both master faders ...but hey...it works