Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 07:25 PM

Default TDM bundle deals?

Based on forum feedback I bought the Pluggo RTAS bundle and decided to pass on the DUY ReDSPider bundle. I've been looking, but it appears there's no really great TDM plug bundle deals to be found. The few bundles available seem to be not so inexpensive and also very narrowly limited. You'd need a very expensive bundle of bundles for a comprehensive suite. Nothing like a "one bundle fits all" deal at any price and no inexpensive bundles period. Have I missed something? Are there any really attractive deals for comprehensive TDM plug bundles? There's enough of a user base that someone oughta do it.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:38 PM

Default Re: TDM bundle deals?

Quote:
Have I missed something?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gadzooks, you just missed the Digidesign Massive Pack Bundle deal that ended on June 30 (something like a $4,200 savings on a very high-end batch of plug-ins). You snooze, you lose. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Lee Blaske
Old 07-02-2003, 07:47 PM

I'm betting the massive pack will be an ongoing offer. Keep your eyes open.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:29 PM

Did, there is the Waves TDM Bundle, maybe no longer available now. Cheap and with nice stuff like Q10, C1, True Verb, PAZ, L1, De-esser.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:57 PM

The Massive Pack BETTER NOT be an ongoing deal! We went out and ordered the Massive Pack Plus (the one with the Process card). We really couldn't afford to do that but were guaranteed that the offer would end and not be repeated.

We saw it as a "Can't afford it? Can't afford not to have it!" sort of thingbecause of the value offered and the jobs we've got coming up. We will be hurting for a while because of it though, so it would hurt more if it suddenly reappeared for a while, or worse stil, got modified to contain more plugs that we don't have! (We had 80% of them already and the bundle was still great value).
Old 07-03-2003, 03:48 AM

Waves did or may still have the REN MAXX bundle....not bad.

Nick
Old 07-03-2003, 09:47 AM

I hope a new Massive Pack offer appears. I think it should contain plug-ins that most of us don't already own (or new updates to older plug-ins like Lexiverb, or an expanded Amp Farm).

I decided to take the gamble and hold off on Massive Pack because of the duplication of plugs I already own. I hope I didn't BLOW IT!

Jeff D.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:45 PM

The Massive Pack Pro was the reason I moved to HD from Mix, it was such a good deal having all the plugins I've always wanted for just buying a process card. I've finished wiring the whole thing up and authorised the plugs last night.
My only disappointment with whole deal is that my playback sounds very ordinary on my DA7 desk and the playback from Audio out direct to my speakers sound AMAZING. So it looks like I have to buy a new mixer.....what a great problem to have.

Talking of which and getting off the subject....I was thinking of getting the Yamaha DM1000....do you reckon that's a good move or should I go analog?
What are u guys using for playback monitoring control. I'm not worried about pres I have a good collection of out-board pres.

Nick
Old 07-03-2003, 06:23 PM

Coleman Audio M3, there is one on eBay right now
Old 07-04-2003, 12:42 AM

As a long time Digidesign watcher and customer, my observation is that these special deals almost always show up during the summer (a time when sales are historically slow, and an incentive is needed to spur sales). I always try to take advantage of them, because they can really stretch your equipment budget.

I cannot remember any of the exceptional deals ever being offered again at another time. Personally the only thing I already had in that package was the Waves stuff, so it really was a great deal for me.

Lee Blaske