How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-09-2019, 02:19 AM

Default Perpetual License "lost"

Hello,

My name's Mattt.

I purchased a perpetual license in 2016 for PT 10, 11, 12 and 2016, but I didn't bought the annual plan after that year.

I recently had to change computer. I downloaded protools from my account, PT 12.8 which is the one I was running on my previous computer.

But I can't manage to lock the license that's still on my Ilok key. It's asking me to buy a new license.

I'm using a Macbook pro from mid 2015 with OS sierra 10.12
Ilok 2 with the license, nothing has changed on the Ilok.

I first dowloaded PT 12.8 from my account, then tried with downloading PT 11.3.2

None of these PT works... After instalation, when starting PT, it's asking me for a valid license.

Can someeone help me sorting this out ?

Thank you very much.

Mattt
Old 07-09-2019, 05:50 AM

Default Perpetual License "lost"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matttcha View Post
I'm using a Macbook pro from mid 2015 with OS sierra 10.12

Ilok 2 with the license, nothing has changed on the Ilok.

None of these PT works... After instalation, when starting PT, it's asking me for a valid license..

Mattt
We need more real action

For example.....

I downloaded PT12.8 on my MBP Sierra install and when I try to open the program it does .....

I installed ilok manager software on my system and it sees the licenses on my ilok....

I’m using no interface so I didn’t have to download a driver for that.

I know that PT12.8 is compatible with Sierra b/c I have checked first. (FYI I don’t believe 11.3.2 is)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Perpetual License "lost"

What does ilok license manager say is on your ilok when it is plugged into your new computer?
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 07-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Hi,

Sorry.

I re-downloaded PT 12.7 on my MBP sierra, install and when I try to open it, it's asking me for a valid license. out of the 3 possibilities (show Location, quit, Next), the only one available is Quit.

When opening, of course my Ilok 2 with the license I've been using for 3 years is plugged in.

All licenses are shown on the Ilok manager (included PT 10, 11, 12 and 2016), and the Ilok is still working, since I can use my soundtoys license with Logic just fine.

- Protools Plan
- Protools 10
- Protools 11
- Protools 12
- Protools 2016

i'm using an Apollo 8p and I have downloaded the console and all necessary drivers to run it properlly, which does work with Logic.

I know PT 12.7 is running just fine with Sierra as it has been for the past 3 years.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matttcha View Post
Hi,

Sorry.

I re-downloaded PT 12.7 on my MBP sierra, install and when I try to open it, it's asking me for a valid license. out of the 3 possibilities (show Location, quit, Next), the only one available is Quit.

When opening, of course my Ilok 2 with the license I've been using for 3 years is plugged in.

All licenses are shown on the Ilok manager (included PT 10, 11, 12 and 2016), and the Ilok is still working, since I can use my soundtoys license with Logic just fine.

- Protools Plan
- Protools 10
- Protools 11
- Protools 12
- Protools 2016

i'm using an Apollo 8p and I have downloaded the console and all necessary drivers to run it properlly, which does work with Logic.

I know PT 12.7 is running just fine with Sierra as it has been for the past 3 years.

Hi,

I've started a support case for you. Licensing team will be in touch with you through your Email.

Tope
Old 07-10-2019, 04:34 PM

EDIT: I've been on hold to activation support for over 2 hours. Is this normal?

EDIT 2: I've just received this generic & rather useless response from email support:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Avid Customer Care.

The Pro Tools Perpetual Bundled License cannot be activated on both the iLok cloud and iLok key at the same time.

You can only choose 1 location. Currently the license is activated on the iLok cloud.

To transfer the license to the iLok key, please follow the steps shown on the link below:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ud-to-iLok-key

I will be closing this case for now, for further assistance reply back to this email or call us at 1-888-456-3444 /
+1 978-275-2555. We are open from Mondays-Fridays at 8:00am-5:00pm Pacific Time.
This doesn't address let alone solve our issue at all. Is anyone able to solve this issue for us quickly? Studio is out of order currently.

Original Post:

I'm having the exact same issue right now.

My iLok shows the following:

Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle
> Pro Tools 10
> Pro Tools 11
> Pro Tools 12
> Pro Tools Perpetual (2019)

I can see "Show Locations", "Quit", "Next" but "Next" is greyed out.

I have tried moving the license to the cloud and onto my iLok, I've also tried uninstalling Pro Tools and re-installing. No luck.

It was all working fine until today.

What's interesting is when I press "Show Locations" it says "This product license is activated to the cloud"... So Pro Tools is recognising I have the license but still not letting me proceed? Weird.

Please help.

Last edited by legasafe; 07-11-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:13 AM

Hello Thank for solving the problem.

My license wasn't active on the cloud, but I dragged and dropped the perpetual license back to the Ilok, and now it's working.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:42 AM

Actually Legasafe,

I did launch successfully Protools this morning... But when I quitted it later and tried to launch it again, now it's giving me the same problem as you, showing me location, but I'm not able to choose the location even if it sees it.

But, have you looked at you Ilok ? Mine is not glowing blue like it should... Maybe our probleme is more of an Ilok physical problem. i tried all usb ports, it turns on, then the light goes off, it keep alternating between blue light on / blue light off for a while and eventually stays off.

Anyone has any clue ?
Old 07-12-2019, 05:03 AM

Either your usb ports are in power save mode or the ilok is broken. That was exactly what happened to us twice in 6 years with ilok2 going bad and if you dont have ilok TLC/Zero downtime on the ilok you might loose some licenses as it is not insured with Pace.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-12-2019, 05:50 AM

Actually both USB ports weren't working, after a restart and a memory clean (cmd+alt+P+R) USB ports are working again !

And so the Ilok