Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Default D-Show system with power sequencer/relay system.

Hi, my theater is finally retiring our old Yamaha PM4000 and is currently in the process of purchasing a Venue D-Show System. Currently we have simple relay system that we use to power the PA on/off. It basically just turns on or shuts off the power to all our components in the correct order with the push of one button. I already assume that it is a bad idea to just cut power to the FOH rack but Im wondering if any ill affects can come about from cutting power from the Stage Rack. I plan on installing the stage rack in our amp room and it would be nice to not have to go in there any time I need to power the system on or off.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Avid

Default Re: D-Show system with power sequencer/relay system.

Hi,

You're correct that it's not recommended practice to simply cut power to the FOH Rack. Like most things computer-like it works best when shut down cleanly.

Stage Racks are much simpler; you should have no problems power them on/off with a sequencer.

Sheldon
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Default Re: D-Show system with power sequencer/relay system.

Thanks Sheldon! That is definitely handy info for our setup. I'm sure I'll be poking around more often once I actually start driving this thing on a daily basis.