Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2021, 09:49 AM

Default Re: S6 and Nuendo 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chednb_pro View Post
Hi Eddie,
just updated to Nuendo 11.0.10 because Steinberg announced Eucon improvements on this maintenance update. Unfortunately nothing changed, all the issues still exist in the exact same way.

Just wanted to ask again if there is any Eucon related communication between AVID and Steinberg (e.g. the development teams)? There is such a huge user base which suffers a lot from these long term (for years!!) bugs.
The problem is, Steinberg says AVID has to make changes, and AVID says it is Steinbergs fault...

Any update from you / AVID on this topic?

Would be nice to get things sorted out finally!
Thanks
I feel you. But it reminds me very much of the times when Logic TDM was a favourite of many professional music producers. It came to an end as Avid/Digidesign improved their own software and Emagic/Apple followed a different route (native). In the end nobody was interested in supporting the other one and the cooperation stopped.
Steinberg has helped developing EuCon but lowered their ambitions as Avid bought Euphonix and Steinberg/Yamaha delivered their own controller system called Nuage. I wouldn't be surprised if Steinberg will stop supporting EuCon sooner or later. In the end Avid has Pro Tools and a deep integration with EuCon while Steinberg have their own controllers. They don't depend on each other and that's bad from user's point of view.

Best

Mark
Old 02-02-2021, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
I feel you. But it reminds me very much of the times when Logic TDM was a favourite of many professional music producers. It came to an end as Avid/Digidesign improved their own software and Emagic/Apple followed a different route (native). In the end nobody was interested in supporting the other one and the cooperation stopped.
Steinberg has helped developing EuCon but lowered their ambitions as Avid bought Euphonix and Steinberg/Yamaha delivered their own controller system called Nuage. I wouldn't be surprised if Steinberg will stop supporting EuCon sooner or later. In the end Avid has Pro Tools and a deep integration with EuCon while Steinberg have their own controllers. They don't depend on each other and that's bad from user's point of view.

Best

Mark
Hey Mark,

generally you are right.
But in this case, AVID (controllers) and Steinberg (DAWs) both advertise their products as "fully functional" Eucon compliant. So inmho this is a real deception of customers, because if you don't do research in advance on this topic, you will get shafted as lots of us were. This is ongoing for years now! And in the end, it would be a real win win situation for both (AVID selling controllers to 3rd party DAWs, Steinberg making customers happy / gaining customers with the opportunity of using high quality professional controllers within a budget).
Old 02-02-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chednb_pro View Post
Hey Mark,

generally you are right.
But in this case, AVID (controllers) and Steinberg (DAWs) both advertise their products as "fully functional" Eucon compliant.
Pro Tools is „fully functional“ EuCon compliant as Avid own it. Steinberg put less effort in it since Avid bought Euphonix.
I‘m using Logic as well to compose and generate VI tracks to mix in Pro Tools. Apples EuCon integration didn’t develop the last years although they started optimistically once Euphonix was on its own.
I guess it’s as simple as that.

Best

Mark