Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Waves Studiorack

The free studio rack is only available to those with at least one product current with WUP. Don't know if that's causing your problems or not.

This is basically like the Slate VMR, allowing you to save an entire chain of up to 8 Waves plugins as a preset, without having to load each plugin separately and call up presets. Basically create your own channel strip. Also, by having a native version, you can keep these presets consistent between systems with Soundgrid or without, etc.

It does mention 3rd party compatibility, but I'm not sure if that allows it to function like Blue Cat, where you can host AU or VST plugins.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Well, they can advertise anything that's true I suppose.

The market will ultimately decide.
I still don't get it how can it be true, when in fact there is no Waves AAX DSP plugin that can run on HDX card is there? How can a company advertise something that just *might* exist in their laboratory and use this info to promote their product against another company product showing their superiority? In my country we could do anything.. but in US, don't you guys have regulations for stuff like that?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 PM

NST7:
I have 3 out of 6 with current WUP - Did both installers and in HD Native - see nothing -

So - does it work for you??
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 07-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
when in fact there is no Waves AAX DSP plugin that can run on HDX card is there? How can a company advertise something that just *might* exist in their laboratory and use this info to promote their product against another company product showing their superiority?
The plugins must exist then. They just weren't released. Only Waves knows for sure. Besides, it's their product anyway. Who's going to complain or sue them? Avid? For mentioning their own product, which be the way, doesn't exist?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
NST7:
I have 3 out of 6 with current WUP - Did both installers and in HD Native - see nothing -

I'm guessing you need soundgrid or the digigrid.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-23-2014, 06:05 PM

I'm still hoping waves will fix the multi-video card bugs, and release their AAX/DSP versions, and return to the professional world they once dominated.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-23-2014, 06:14 PM

And for what its worth, I doubt many of us would be all that upset about only getting 160 instances of SSL channel on a single HDX card... as their advertisement proclaims... as if that is somehow a BAD thing....

HEY WAVES, Just to clarify, since you don't seem to realize : THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE FREAKIN' AWESOME !!!!

Just sayin' ....
Old 07-23-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
NST7:

Have you activated the licence?
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDDECISION View Post
And for what its worth, I doubt many of us would be all that upset about only getting 160 instances of SSL channel on a single HDX card... as their advertisement proclaims... as if that is somehow a BAD thing....

HEY WAVES, Just to clarify, since you don't seem to realize : THAT WOULD ACTUALLY BE FREAKIN' AWESOME !!!!

Just sayin' ....

What the hell is this?????
We paid thousands of $$$ for TDM versions that are now obsolete, Waves just screwed us, they dont want to do AAX DSP but they use these numbers to promote their silly DSP system?

You mean, they do have AAX DSP versions of some plugins i paid for but they dont release them?

I was really pissed off at Waves and promised myself to never buyer another Waves plugin, but this really, i mean really makes me angry at them.

They can go to h#$% with this multi layer workflow killing that i would never approach with a ten foot pole.

Rant over.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
NST7:

I actually can't try it because all my stuff is out of WUP right now.

But as Denka mentioned, you do specifically need to get a license for it, even though it's free.