Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 04:57 AM

Default ProControl DSP/EDIT ASSIGN section problems

I've got a refurb ProControl attached to a dual G5 2GHZ HD3 Accel system OSX 10.4.6 PTHD 7.1cs7. The DSP/EDIT ASSIGN section is acting weirdly, at least I think so, it's been quite a while since I used a ProControl.

1:When it's under automation turning any plugin control knob registers/and records automation but the SELECT/AUTO button on that row never stops flashing. Also I can't hit it to drop out of record on that control. (this is all in latch and the LT LED for that channel does go solid when I turn the knob and the compare button lights up so it is registering).

2:Hitting ASSIGN/ENABLE to auto en/disable controls works but there's no visual feedback that it's done it (except by looking at the main screen plugin window). I thought it used to say something like AUTO ON/AUTO OFF?

3: Usually, the last page on a multi-page plugin will never have the SELECT/AUTO buttons flashing - even though they are enabled (by checking in the auto page on the plugin).

I've reloaded firmware, trashed everything (put the amended 7.1cs7 on). Am I getting it wrong? Everything is enabled that I can think of and the SELECT/AUTO buttons do go solid in WRITE but not in LATCH(when moved obviously). All self-tests seem to pass.

Thanks for any help,
Pete
Old 05-18-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Re: ProControl DSP/EDIT ASSIGN section problems

Well, I've found out why the last page of plugin parameters doesn't have flashing SELECT/AUTO buttons, all the pages are offset by one for them. If I turn a knob in page 4 the SELECT/AUTO for that row will go solid in page 3 etc. If I've configured it do that then I don't know how or how to get it back!

Pete
Old 05-18-2006, 09:24 AM

I've now tried uninstalling 7.1cs7 and trying 7.0 (new download in case the original one was corrupt) and no difference. I see that the procontrol.bundle hasn't changed since then, that would lead me to believe it is something unique to my unit as it would have affected a lot of people otherwise?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:44 PM

Hey Pete
Refurb PC here too. I have noticed some issues. I doubt it has to do with the 'refurb'. Mine seem to be linked to Waves (v4 sometimes the plugs won't map) or if I have internet or email open. I'm on PT 6.9.1 OS 10.3.8 (Which has been the most stable version for me in 10+ years. The PC is a new addition. I wont hijack but I will say I never knew the real power of PT until I got PC.
I'm usually in too big a rush to see what is going on when I have problems w/ DSP EDIT/ASSIGN and go to the kbd and trackball. I'll try to pay closer attention and especially as I go up to PT 7.2 (hopefully soon)
Old 05-20-2006, 01:48 AM

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply. On the whole I'm very happy with the ProControl. I used to mix (post) on a 32 fader+edit pack one some years back so I'm not new to it, I've been editing only for a couple of years so it is nice to get on a surface again. I didn't really think it was a refurb issue but when something's screwy you start by questioning everything then narrowing it down. I've spoken to tech support in the UK, hopefully they'll get back to me next week.

Cheers,
Pete