Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 PM

Default STRIKE 2 Part 002 MAC still broken?! FIXED

Trying to redo download this damn file for the 10th time and everytime it says missing part 002 when trying to install Strike 2! Inthought they fixxxxed this by now as it have been a while soon very soon somanyone knows where I can download the WORKING installer for MAC?

Thanks guys
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Is STRIKE 2 Part 002 MAC still broken?!

I have a working Strike.002.dmgpart (dated 22-OCT-2013 and weighing 2097152735 bytes). If you have a ftp server just PM me login info and I'll upload it for you...
Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Is STRIKE 2 Part 002 MAC still broken?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I have a working Strike.002.dmgpart (dated 22-OCT-2013 and weighing 2097152735 bytes). If you have a ftp server just PM me login info and I'll upload it for you...
Hi Janne and Happy New 2014

Big Thanks for the offer, I downloaded that part on take number 12 via Safari instead and after 2 times it finally works and we now have both Structure and Strike files downloaded and working great! Must say (as we only installed the other 5 VI) that there has been a sweet update in the Structure samples we didn't even know we wanted. Like orchestral sounds and lots more. Same with tye rest of them, well worth the wait and download issues loke errors and long hours to get them all but again Thank You very much for offering to help.

You Guys Rock
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 AM

Default Re: STRIKE 2 Part 002 MAC still broken?! FIXED

When I launch the Strike2.dmg installer it also fails at part 2. I believe my download was fine. After downloading all parts, I then moved all parts to another drive with what seemed like a non issue. then I launch the .dmg and no go. Am I not aware of something here? All parts look to be the correct size.I there another app (like mac rar) that knows how to parse all these together or is there some way to test these parts (macpar?). I can certainly download it all again but do not want to if I do not need to.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogan88 View Post
When I launch the Strike2.dmg installer it also fails at part 2. I believe my download was fine. After downloading all parts, I then moved all parts to another drive with what seemed like a non issue. then I launch the .dmg and no go. Am I not aware of something here? All parts look to be the correct size.I there another app (like mac rar) that knows how to parse all these together or is there some way to test these parts (macpar?). I can certainly download it all again but do not want to if I do not need to.

Thanks
Hi

Inhad to re-download the 002 part from a Safari web browser in order to work!? Dunno why but after 10 downloads and "all" of them said 2.05 GB I was sooo pissed that I just tried Safari and it worked great

Be sure to download that part specifically to the computer you are gonna install it on. I downloaded all the Structure and Strike files from another computer thats connected to internet and put them on a USBstick but only the 002 part was skewed so I tried Safari, On the same Mac we are using strike2 on and then it worked. Weird indeed but try if you can.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

Inhad to re-download the 002 part from a Safari web browser in order to work!? Dunno why but after 10 downloads and "all" of them said 2.05 GB I was sooo pissed that I just tried Safari and it worked great

Be sure to download that part specifically to the computer you are gonna install it on. I downloaded all the Structure and Strike files from another computer thats connected to internet and put them on a USBstick but only the 002 part was skewed so I tried Safari, On the same Mac we are using strike2 on and then it worked. Weird indeed but try if you can.

Best Regards
Christopher
PS. We saved all parts in a new folder on the desktop and just extract the first one Strike.dmg and rhe others will follow

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM

Well I bit the bullet and upgraded last weekend, seeing as the initial drama seemed to have subsided.

I've got them all installed and working fine now.

But I did notice a quirk when downloading .....

Several strike and structure files were faulty the first time I downloaded them. Interestingly, the '.download' file name suffix had been removed, which usually indicates the download has completed. The file sizes looked correct too.

But, when I dropped down the box in safari that shows a list of what you've downloaded and allows you to open them, or show them in the finder, etc.
I noticed that there was a comment underneath the relevant file names saying 'failed, couldn't write to file'. This only appeared for the corrupt files. When I re-downloaded and checked for this message again, there was only one file with a problem. I re-downloaded it a third time and didn't get that message

I then installed everything without problem.

So it appears that something goes wrong right at the very end of the process of downloading these files, sometimes. Who knows why?
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Yep What Nigel said. We had a few downloads issues with Structure 2 aswell but after several times we have everything working. The odd thing is that it loked like every file was correct but always 002 part on Strike2 and 010 on Structure2 the files said 2.05GB but was damaged and wouldn't mount.

You may have to try a few times but eventually you'll get there

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————