Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 PM

Default Re: "Inserts" vs "Hardware inserts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Thanks for sharing that doc (it's linked from the Mbox Pro Docs KB). The section about Connecting Inserts in the Mbox Pro User Guide agrees with this:
Mbox Pro provides a total of four insert jacks (Inserts 1–4) for inserting external processing devices such as an EQ or a compressor between the input channel’s onboard mic preamp and the onboard analog to digital convertor.
So that's why the compressor (Insert 3) didn't affect your keyboard (Line Input 3).

If you want to use your compressor on your keyboard you can do one of the following...
  • Keyboard > Compressor > Mbox Pro Line Input = this will print the effect
  • Keyboard > Mbox Pro Line Input with a Hardware Insert on your Audio Track = this will affect playback
  • Keyboard > Mbox Pro Line Input to an Aux Track (with a Hardware Insert) routed to an Audio Track (like Albee recommended) = this will print the effect
Well there's the answer!! I did mention I was using a mono synth (in the other topic that got merged with this one, it's now gone) probably a couple of times. This explains why it worked using it as a hardware insert and not using the insert on the mbox! Next time I'll be less wordy hehe

in the future someone will google search this topic and be grateful for the answer I'm sure.

All I ask is in the future please be patient with people ...everyone (mods included ). This post (well the other one) got out of hand for no reason. To me it felt less about the subject and more about the buddy network the way folks were taking sides

Also nobody should be belittled or constantly trolled on something for lack of knowledge on a subject, don't assume someone hasn't read or isn't knowledgeable or even if they aren't just because you are knowledgeable. There's no room for that. Some problems are unique such as both of the issues I've brought to this site for help.. neither was due to being incredibly uneducated yet were greeted that way (mods included). I exhausted my own research prior to asking for help. Both were cases where I just need some extra help on a unique issue. I'm glad in the end