Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Default DV toolkit 1 to DV toolkit 2 upgrade

I own the original DV toolkit and I want to upgrade to DV toolkit 2, is this still available? I can't find it anywhere...
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 AM

Default Re: DV toolkit 1 to DV toolkit 2 upgrade

I got my DV Toolkit 2 from B&H, if I remember correctly.
However it wasn't an update.
Just looked at: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?itemid=4898
and I'm surprised they don't mention upgrades there.
Maybe there's not that much of a difference or they give you the free download. . .
Yea, that'll be the day.
The company that makes us pay for MP3 compatibility to GIVE away something,,,,,,,anything.
Highly doubtful.

GD
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Administrator

The link you have above for the DV Toolkit 2 product section does have a link to the upgrades. When you click on the Buy Now button, there is a drop-down list on the store to choose different purchase options, including the upgrade from DVTK 1 to DVTK 2.

And regarding charging for MP3 Option, we do not own that codec. We are not allowed to give it away:
www.digidesign.com/support/mp3
MP3 Option Authorization & Purchase Information
Quote:
The software costs $19.95 (USD) to cover the codec licensing fee that Digidesign pays to the Fraunhofer Institute for each MP3 Option sold. It is not included with every copy of Pro Tools, because that would raise the cost of every new system and upgrade by @ $20 per person, and not everyone needs this option. So it is a paid option for those that want and need it.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
The link you have above for the DV Toolkit 2 product section does have a link to the upgrades. When you click on the Buy Now button, there is a drop-down list on the store to choose different purchase options, including the upgrade from DVTK 1 to DVTK 2.

And regarding charging for MP3 Option, we do not own that codec. We are not allowed to give it away:
in regards to this you could always use a file conversion system, there are quite a few online that are free, and im sure for you "Haxtors" out there, you could get your hands on some good quality equipment...

i personally use soundforge pro 10, or virtual dj for my conversion needs,

i7 920 2.66,
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R,
6 GB Corsair XMS3 Ram,
WD 500GB 7200 rpm HD,
WD 750GB 7200 rpm HD,
MBox 2 Mini, PT LE 8,
Axiom 49 Midi Controller,
Akai MPK 61 Midi Controller,
AKG C-414 Microphone.

Wish List: 2 Months.
Digi 003 BLA Mod,

MBP i5, 2.53 Ghz, 4GB of ram, 320GB internal, 500GB External Firewire, Waves Mercury,

Dverb Test - 156

"How you gon' do an 'Intro' to an 'Outro'?"
-Steezy on "Goodbye" By Spliit
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:

Lame springs to mind, or is that LAME ?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 AM

" And regarding charging for MP3 Option, we do not own that codec. We are not allowed to give it away: "

Sure, I guess this is one of those examples where everyone but Digi can deliver.

GD
Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:

I went to the link and clicked "buy now". It takes me to the store, i looked at all the drop down menus there and I do not see anything about upgrades from dv toolkit 1 to dv toolkit 2. Is there any way to provide a direct link to the product?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Eye View Post
I went to the link and clicked "buy now". It takes me to the store, i looked at all the drop down menus there and I do not see anything about upgrades from dv toolkit 1 to dv toolkit 2. Is there any way to provide a direct link to the product?
Its there. I just checked.

DVTK to DVTK2 = 295.00

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88