Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Default Pro Tools 8.0.1 is "CRASHING" over and over

I thought the nightmare of PT CRASH 8 was to an end when I got help from the DUC, Digitech support, and spending countless hours pulling hair to clean out all those non-loved digidesign plug ins out of my plug in folder.

PT 8 was starting to work after the intense combing, trashing, etc and searching for the crash monsters of PT8. Now. I did it again. Become a beta tester for PT 8.0.1 and didn't even realized it. Loaded the update PT 8.0.1. and on occassions when I close session and save. Pro Tools crashes unexpectedly. Sometime it freezes my Mac Pro, and I have to force reboot again. I send my 1001th Mac report to apple for the cause. " I bet my bottom dollar Apple is getting tired of reading my PT 8 crash logs" lol.

Also I notice when I close the edit window. Part of it is still on my monitor. It doesn't want to leave the desktop 100%.

Digi? What is going on with you guys lately? HD 8.0.1 should have been tested and tested before being delivered to your faithful clients. Now I am pulling hair again, frustrated. Hanging, burning music production time searching for answers and solutions to this new 8.01 crash epidemic.

Urggg why did I go with Leopard and PT 8. Never again will I take a chance if I don't have to...

Here we go again.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1 is "CRASHING" over and over

I have 2 computers with 8.0.1 and Leopard, one HD3 and one HD7 with expansion chassis, they both run great.

Could it be bad cards or bad ram or even bad OS install?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 PM

8.0.1 90% stable for me.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlights View Post
I have 2 computers with 8.0.1 and Leopard, one HD3 and one HD7 with expansion chassis, they both run great.

Could it be bad cards or bad ram or even bad OS install?
Works fine in PT 8 and 7.4. Soon as I installed 8.0.1, problems came to the doorstep...
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM

I know it sucks but it's gotta be system related as my system, as well as most likely many others, is running crash free on 8.0.1.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post
Works fine in PT 8 and 7.4. Soon as I installed 8.0.1, problems came to the doorstep...
Yes well there are changes between 8.0.1 and 7.4 or 8.

I haven't had a single quit since installing 8.0.1

Back to your problem: i'll almost guarantee its a plugin related issue.

run this plugin lister app and copy paste your plugs list here...

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/9xyx8w

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX View Post
I thought the nightmare of PT CRASH 8 was to an end when I got help from the DUC, Digitech support, and spending countless hours pulling hair to clean out all those non-loved digidesign plug ins out of my plug in folder.

PT 8 was starting to work after the intense combing, trashing, etc and searching for the crash monsters of PT8. Now. I did it again. Become a beta tester for PT 8.0.1 and didn't even realized it. Loaded the update PT 8.0.1. and on occassions when I close session and save. Pro Tools crashes unexpectedly. Sometime it freezes my Mac Pro, and I have to force reboot again. I send my 1001th Mac report to apple for the cause. " I bet my bottom dollar Apple is getting tired of reading my PT 8 crash logs" lol.

Also I notice when I close the edit window. Part of it is still on my monitor. It doesn't want to leave the desktop 100%.

Digi? What is going on with you guys lately? HD 8.0.1 should have been tested and tested before being delivered to your faithful clients. Now I am pulling hair again, frustrated. Hanging, burning music production time searching for answers and solutions to this new 8.01 crash epidemic.

Urggg why did I go with Leopard and PT 8. Never again will I take a chance if I don't have to...

Here we go again.
It sounds like your problems are system specific and not caused by 8.0.1, which was tested and has been much more stable than 8.0.

Have you done any troubleshooting at all? Trashed prefs? Double-checked plug-in versions? Tested from a new admin account? A different drive?

Can you give us more specific info about when it's crashing?

Can you send me a crash report and a complete system spec? Send it to:

vi [at] digidesign [dot] com
Old 09-11-2009, 01:16 AM

Okay. I will send the report. I remember you helping me with 8.0. And your help got me running solid again. Really appreciated it. I will send the report and double check my plug ins being updated.

Well, I just noticed that Auto Evo and Soundtoys just put out some updates. Hopefully these will solve the crashing...

Thanks to all.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM

Anyone know if these plug-ins that are not listed on the
Pro Tools Plug-in & Software Compatibility Grid ,are compatible?

I understand digi left a note stating we are not responsible for third party plugins...but I like to know if these below are causing the crashes in 8.0.1. They worked fine in 8.0.

For example. IK multimedia CSR reverbs or Tracks 3? , native instruments Pro 53 keyboard, All PSP nitro, PSP lexicon plugs?,

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Hey DONNX...I just got confirmation that the Massey Plugins were crashing my system w/ PT8.01. Do you have those installed?
FlyVibes Studios